Thread: Bach Personal Blend Short Expiry Dates

Angry Bach Personal Blend Short Expiry Dates

Utterly disappointed to find that the personal blends I received on 23/12/13 have any expiry date of 13/01/14 Is this a joke?

I unwrapped one of the blends today for the first time today to discover the expiry date (you can't see it properly through the double layer of shrink wrapped plastic around the bottle) is LESS THAN 3 WEEKS

Even if you used it EVERY day, you'd be hard pushed to get through a 30ml bottle in that time frame. Heaven help you if your Courier is slow in delivery as you'd have even less time.

No where on the site does it say about the Expiry being so short - I've checked it by reading the Help pages on 'Using the Remedies'. It does say on the Personal Blend page "You can purchase a 30ml blend which is suitable for 3 weeks continuous use" - Yeah...but this suggests that 30mls is 3 weeks USE, not that it will EXPIRE in 3 weeks - those are 2 different things!!!!! One refers to how LONG 30mls will last and NOT the shelf life!

Damn annoyed. What a waste of money!

Re: Bach Personal Blend Short Expiry Dates

I got one last week and didnt even look at the expiry date until you mentioned it. Mine also expires 14/01/2014 so I am not too happy either. It is quite tastless and watery so I dont think it contains the alcohol that is in the usual bach remedies. Maybe we should email them to tell them we are disappointed. althought the answer will probably be that we are supposed to take it contiously in those 3 weeks.

That's disappointing - maybe it is the case that you should use them continually for 3 weeks but it should be clearer on the website that this is 3 weeks from purchase, not just a 3 week course especially when the other remedies have such a long shelf life. I would be disappointed too.

I have emailed them. Bizarrely, the expiry date on my spray version is 12/12/16??? This suggests that exposure to air is the issue as the dropper bottle exposes the remedy to air, whereas the spray does not.

Lets see if they reply.

I still have some for sale in the online shop here - perhaps I should check the expiry dates on those too

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Well, after emailing 3 times to https://www.bachfloweressences.co.uk re. the short expiry date on my Personal Blend, I've yet to receive a reply. If this is indicative of their Service, they can shove it.

Are these blends meant to have such short expirary dates?

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

Finally a reply from BachShop and not one I am happy with one jot!!! OK so the blends do NOT last more than 3 weeks cos they use Spring Water to make them - so I'm guessing what they're saying is the water lasts 3 weeks and after that you'll be drinking at best stale water and at worst water laden with bacteria.

The reply was glib from BachShop. They failed to address my concern that their description is misleading as it clearly refers to a usage of 3 weeks and NOT that it will only last 3 weeks 'cos we use spring water to dilute and so it'll go off' to paraphrase.

They then suggested that I buy a different product. Er....don't think so...you've already ripped me off once.

Just get Rescue Remedy and not a special made up one

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information