Thread: Feeling angry and irritated?

Feeling angry and irritated?

Hi guys. At the minute I am feeling very angry and irritated and I don't know why? Obviously my grandad passed away a month ago who I was close to so could this be the angry stage of grief? I have no grieved properly I don't think. I've had moments where I will cry but that was only I. The first week after he passed away. Then last night I was in bed and I just started feeling irritated and angry like I wanted to scream or lash out for no reason, then this morning I just feel really irritated and I have no idea why! It isn't like me at all? Could this be grief or part of my anxiety a new thing. I have no idea?

Re: Feeling angry and irritated?

Anxiety can cause you to be irratated. Give yourself some time to come to terms with this. write down how you feel or talk to someone.
    Then try and let the anger go, breathing exercises can help calm you

Re: Feeling angry and irritated?

Kez, I'm going through something a bit similar at the time. I had read your posts regularly and thought that I "got" what you were going through. Until someone goes through it themselves, it's hard to totally understand.
    I find myself easily irritated right now, sometimes for good reasons that I can put my finger on, and sometimes for no reason at all. I think that anxiety, depression, tiredness and grief can all take their toll on us. Irritation is a normal emotion in situations like these.
    Hang in there, Kez, and cut yourself some slack. You've been through a great deal recently and you are entitled to have some feelings of irritation.

Thread Information