Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First bad review :(

First bad review :(

I checked my book's Amazon page the other day and I was disappointed and shocked to find that I had been given a 1-star review with the headline 'Rubbish'!

It's amazing how the mind works - 5 5-star reviews and hundreds of sales but I'm completely focused on the 1 bad review! I don't know if the person who left the review reads this forum but if you are and you would like to get in touch with me on here I would be happy to offer you a full refund. I realise that my advice is based on my own personal experience of overcoming health anxiety and it's not going to be useful for everyone, but the thought of someone being left unsatisfied with my book makes me feel terrible!

Mike
    Author, How to Beat Health Anxiety - "Absolutely the best book I have ever read on health anxiety. It was obvious that the author struggled with this in his own life and has overcome it. That's what gives hope to others who are going through this. Read this book if you are suffering! It will help you!" - Amazon Reviewer

Re: First bad review :(

Can't you post this somewhere else? Not interested in your sales history on amazon to be honest.

Don't worry about it!

Some people get a kick out of it, KARMA is always working.

You can't please everybody , I loved your book and would recommend to anybody x

Mike,

Don't let it bother you. Really.

I could paper my walls with rejection letters and some editors even take the trouble to tell me why my work is too substandard for their publication. It used to upset me but now I just think that everyone has different tastes and if they don't like my work, plenty of other people do.

Besides, I suspect that for some, your "you are not an entirely helpless victim and it is possible to get better" message is a bitter pill to swallow.
    Last edited by katesa; 06-01-14 at 18:12.

Quote Originally Posted by FishBoy View Post
    Can't you post this somewhere else? Not interested in your sales history on amazon to be honest.
    Where's he supposed to post it Fishboy? I wasn't aware you made the rules fella?

Skippy you have 5 strong reviews against one flimsy bad review, not even giving constructive criticism. So if I was looking to buy it, it wouldn't put me off so I wouldn't worry too much.

Fair play to you getting a book published, I am sure it will do well

Quote Originally Posted by Jaco45er View Post
    Where's he supposed to post it Fishboy? I wasn't aware you made the rules fella?
    Here is perfect (MISC) I posted my comment when it was posted in HEALTH ANXIETY.

It is health anxiety related so why not.
    You've made strange comments to and about members before Fishboy to which I have ignored. If you can't say anything helpful, don't say anything at all.

I can't imagine how many young authors must go through that same pain skippy, just think even the greates authors will have had a one star review at some point.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Quote Originally Posted by PanchoGoz View Post
    It is health anxiety related so why not.
    You've made strange comments to and about members before Fishboy to which I have ignored. If you can't say anything helpful, don't say anything at all.

Goz, unfortunately it looks like I was 100% correct. As this thread HAS BEEN MOVED. So what I said was perfectly fine, and correct.

I'll say what I like, when I like. If it's bad, the mods will tell me. So far I've been told off once for what I said about a member (but had 5 people PM me in agreement but to scared to post)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information