Thread: Feeling down - no sleep - HA really getting me Down

Feeling down - no sleep - HA really getting me Down

Have not been sleeping well lately, and for the past week have been feeling so tired in and in turn, I have bouts of dizziness and headaches, and it's a viscous circle.

My friend said to me yesterday how I seem really down, and I seem to be like superwoman.

I am always tired, I have such a demanding job, and come the weekend; all I do is rest, as I am so tired from the long week.

I also am having problems with my younger sister who is going through a really bad time (she is 15 and lives with my parents), which is making me worry alongside worrying about my mum.

Of course, like the majority of people, I worry about money, and have so many goals, but they seem to make me have such anxiety thinking about how I am going to reach them.

I did not go work yesterday because of the dizziness and the way I feel, it's very hands on and all go as soon as I get into work and days tend to be very long.
    I do not take any meds, not really a fan of meds, sleeping tablets etc. Am a great fan of holistic, meditation etc.

I feel like I'm going to walk in today and people are going to be angry with me for not going in yesterday.

I am normally so outgoing and generally am a positive nature to be around, and don't stop talking and making people laugh, but am feeling so emotional at the moment.

I feel that if I felt ok and not so dizzy, have the headaches, and was able to sleep, I would be ok and would not have my HA as a worry.
    I am due to join in gym in 2 weeks, as one of my goals;

1. To lose weight (i am 2 stone heavier then I should be)
    2. I used to enjoy it
    3. Do something productive after work
    4. Revert my energy levels
    5. My friend will also join with me

However, if I feel like this, theres no way that I can even contemplate on signing a contract.

Any support welcome. Sitting here debating whether to phone in sick again.

---------- Post added at 08:00 ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 ----------

Have also had things like herbal baths, used my massage chair, done some meditation.....

Re: Feeling down - no sleep - HA really getting me Down

Hi i know how you feel many of your anxieties like finance and family are normal anxities be kind to yourself I do know how you feel I to am weighted down worried about money and family but feel better when I have written it down on paper and written down a solution regarding dizziness I get that also and fuels my anxiety if its that that stopping you going in and your sure you've not got a winter bug then you must go! Don't give in because tomoz you will feel dizzy and guilty we must carry on no matter how anxious we feel so at least you can look and say I may have anxiety but it doesnt stop me acheiving xxreward yourself when you get home xx

---------- Post added at 08:30 ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 ----------

Feeling tired because of work is a far better tiredness than feeling exhausted because you haven't gone and are laying around worrying and thinking xxxhugs

---------- Post added at 08:33 ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 ----------

Also relax your goals it doesn't matter if it takes 10 Months or 10 years to acheive enjoy the ride and get of the social expectation ladder if were in the right mind you will get there in the end xx

Exercise is great for anxiety so joining the gym is an excellent idea. Wtite your worries down and try to go through them one by one.Only you can make the decision about going into work. I know for me sometimes I have felt I couldnt cope with work and have gone and it has helped me. Other times though it has made me worse.

Thank you for your replies Julie and Annie - so lovely for you to take the time to reply.

I did feel a little relief in writing this post as it was a way of putting my tears on paper so to speak. I just feel unwell and dreamy, even when I drove on Friday home from work I felt like everyone was in slow motion, weird.

I just fear that the stress and imbalance in my life is going to make me have a heart attack or a tumour, hence my headache and the dizziness, hence the HA being bad at the moment.

Last year I was put on a warning as I had 20 days sick, not continuos days, and this year, was on a roll on the 1st January, hence the gym being one of them and then Boom.

I know when I walk into work today everyone is going to be moody with me as I was not in yesterday.

I'm even having a go at the cat lately!!!!!

I do understand what you mean Julie about being tired from work is better then being tired from doing nothing, things just seem overwhelming.

Annie - this is what is stopping me; I don't feel like I'm going to last the whole day and I has the type of manager that will not send me home! Once I'm there, I am there for the day! He is rather old fashioned and my job is very hands on and if I'm not there, then the place does not run smoothly; which of course is more pressure for my already anxious and tired mind.

I would love to go to the gym right now (waiting to be paid for what it's worth) but surely I will collapse if I have this dizziness and low energy!?

K xxxxxx

Dizziness is common with anxiety you wont die from it and it wont give you a heart attack or a tumor . The gym will be good for your health. You dont have to over do it, just a little gentle work out to start with. Your boss sounds like my last one. Even when I had a stomach bug and was throwing up she said "are you sure you need to go home?"

I just hope I don't have high blood pressure or anything (one of my ultimate fears). Last night I was laying down and could feel my pulse in my temple :-( x

I am laying down now and know I shouldn't, but don't feel like going in work and maybe spending the day getting my head around things.

Re your boss: WOW! How awful! Hope you actually went home!? That's the problem, you feel bad for not going in but even when u do, it can be worse.

HUFFFFFF

Feeling your pulse in your temple is just the anxiety making the blood rush around faster and cant harm you. In fact it is quite good for you, same happens during exercise that is why you feel so tired when anxious...it is like running a marathon Yes re work it is a no win situation you feel guilty if you dont go then if you do you worry about how you will feel and if you will be worse.

Oh really!? Well u should hope to see some pounds drop off!!!

I just don't know what to so re work. But then I know I'm my partner calls me I'm going to have to say I'm off work again; and he's going to wonder why again...

---------- Post added at 09:28 ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 ----------

#I

---------- Post added at 09:30 ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 ----------

I just text him in advance; 'feel like I am going to throw up, going Doctors'.

---------- Post added at 10:06 ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 ----------

Oh great; am even worse now.

I was casually texting my friend; telling her about my symptoms, and she said make sure you get your blood pressure checked when you go doctors.

GREATTTTTTTT

Thread Information