Hi
I will be seeing my pdoc in the next month and was going to ask if would be possible to try out this med for anything from mod to severe anxiety / racing thoughts and occasional panic attacks. I have also been diagnosed with several traits of personality disorder.

I currently take pregabalin 150 twice a day (for about 5 months) and 20mg citalopram (5 weeks and struggle with side affects of ssri's). At our last meeting I said that I no longer felt the pregabalin was combatting the anxiety so she added the ssri and suggested Chlorpromazine at 25 mg up to 3 times a day. I have since found out that this an old school antipsychotic founded in the 50's. The Pdoc told me that some of her patients with severe anxiety have benefited from this.

I have the script and have taken a couple which even at this dose are very potent at knocking you out, but the days just seem to be one long daze and little else. I have also been worried about the short and long term side effects and quite a few horror stories. With the pregabalin I tried coming off this last week and have had the most horrible withdrawal I have ever experienced, which I was told I would not get. So have gone back on them. I have looked up the drug Buspirone which she had not suggested and wonder if people have found this helpful. She will not under any circumstances prescribe Valium and I would like medication that helps with the anxiety but wont suck your life away to a zombie blur.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions