Thread: Diazepam/sertraline/zoplicone

Diazepam/sertraline/zoplicone

I am currently taking 3 x 2mg diazepam per day, 150 sertraline and 7.5mg zoplicone at night. I have been on these medications for a while. Was on lorazepam at start then swapped to diazepam.

I was only meant to be using these medications until the sertraline kicked in. Unfortunately I am still waiting. The sertraline has defiantly helped but I still feel no where near perfect.

I am so scared I will never get off these medications. The doctor and physcologist tell me not to worry and they will help me get off them, but I have read so much on the internet I get scared and continuously worry about it.

Has anyone taken these medications and gotten off them okay?

Re: Diazepam/sertraline/zoplicone

Hey Hemps-
    I am just chiming into say I worry the same thing about the alprazolam (Xanax) that my doctor has me on while waiting on the Sert. I have now been on the alprazolam for about 8 weeks. I have managed to wean down considerably, but I am constantly wondering what symptoms are side effects, what are anxiety related, what are withdrawal, etc.
    Both my doctor and my psychologist are in agreement that I am fine and dependency won't be an issue.....it should make more since for us to trust our physicians than the internet, right?

So, that is what I am trying to do- even though it is hard. Just wanted you to know that you are not alone, but my caregivers are saying the same as yours.

Re: Diazepam/sertraline/zoplicone

Quote Originally Posted by Hemps View Post
    I am currently taking 3 x 2mg diazepam per day, 150 sertraline and 7.5mg zoplicone at night. I have been on these medications for a while. Was on lorazepam at start then swapped to diazepam.

I was only meant to be using these medications until the sertraline kicked in. Unfortunately I am still waiting. The sertraline has defiantly helped but I still feel no where near perfect.

I am so scared I will never get off these medications. The doctor and physcologist tell me not to worry and they will help me get off them, but I have read so much on the internet I get scared and continuously worry about it.

Has anyone taken these medications and gotten off them okay?
    you need to stop looking at the internet for side effects it will only make you worry more,currently after 3 weeks on zoloft have zero side effects
    dont worry about getting off them until you are better
    good luck

Thread Information