Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who fancies being my flux diary buddy?

Re: Who fancies being my flux diary buddy?

Just take it one day at a time, your sleep will get back to normal but it does take time, the same with your appetite, eat what you can and try and eat little and often, I really struggled with both to the point my husband was literally feeding me banana, but as you improve and the tablets really kick in you will be sleeping and eating normally.

You sound like you are coping really well, there will bad days and better days until they are all better days.

J

J

Thanks Janine

Yeah, I'm not worrying to much about the food as I know at some point my appetite will come back and then what ever I have lost will all go back on quite quickly and I am led to believe that my sleep will be better than ever too. I'm counting down the days till the Fluoxetine is in my system fully .... looking forward to it!

DAY 41

Complete wash out. Worst day ever! Felt anxious all day even with taking Propranolol Did some ironing but only because I made myself do it. My skin felt like it was crawling, I was so agitated it was just a horrid horrid day.

DAY 42 (today)

Not had a great nights sleep, tossed and turned all night. Got up feeling like rubbish, decide to let the eldest stay off school so he can take youngest to school ... I know, that's really bad, but I just couldn't face the school run. Feeling anxious most of the morning. Then hubby decides he is coming home from work, he has been given some time off to look after me which is so nice, but I'm feeling so bad about what I have done to my eldest I have given myself a good talking too. I went for a 3 mile run and burnt off some of this nervous energy. Felt great this afternoon. Took the kids to the dentist and managed to go into a couple of shops. Came home, hubby had cooked tea and I ate a huge bowl of spag bol I'm feeling ok this evening. Got the dentist tomorrow (still convinced every tooth is giving me toothache , just as well my dentist is understanding of my GAD. I hope I sleep well tonight. Plus, I've told hubby he has to go to work, I HAVE to get up, I HAVE to take the kids to school, I HAVE to do housework .... I have to keep telling myself, what I have is not going to kill me, I am far better off than some people and I should thank my lucky stars it's just anxiety and I've not been told that I have, well, you know what I mean ... I am lucky!

You will have days like today when it all goes horrrible wrong and you feel bad for part or whole of the day, take the help from your hubby if you need it, it will stop you feeling guilty about your son and you need looking after when you are like that. 4 to 6 weeks was a horrible time for me and you think you should be getting better and then you feel so so bad, you are doing well, you are right it is just anxiety but it is really hard to deal with when you feel so bad and it is an illness, if you had a broken leg you would have to rest it until it mended.

---------- Post added at 22:43 ---------- Previous post was at 22:42 ----------

Oh and good luck at the dentist. hope you get sorted out.

So I've deliberately kept away for a few days as I seemed to stay at a low. The low week has really thrown me, especially as the first four weeks on fluoxetine I felt fab. Saw the doctor yesterday and she upped my propranolol to 40mg twice a day, I go back in a weeks time and I'll probably have the dose go to three times a day.

I woke up this morning and I just felt awful, like a real impending doom. To be honest, I've felt like this for a few days ... I can honestly say until I took fluoxetine I have never had depression. I didn't sleep well last night, but after taking the first 40mg of prop I fell asleep, woke up after half an hour and the sunlight was shining through the house, my first thought was how beautiful it looked to have sunshine It was like a lightbulb going off, my first positive in a couple of weeks.

Anyway, I think I'm about day 45 and I really hope that the blip I hit is on it's way out now. My appetite still isn't fantastic, but today I have done well, I had a banana for breakfast, ham sandwich for dinner and pizza for lunch ... I'm still conscious of what I am putting in my mouth in case I get toothache

I'm starting my first course of CBT on Monday evening, NHS taking to long so I've booked a private therapist, I don't mind paying for a few weeks till the ones on the NHS come through.

Have a good weekend everyone

Well, I'm week 8 now and boy oh boy, I feel amazing!

I can honestly say week 5 - 7 where just dreadful. I would quite happily have taken a pill that would have let me sleep through those 2 weeks. But I'm so glad that I stuck with the Prozac/fluoxetine.

This past week has been amazing. I went shopping!! That's massive as I was starting to become a recluse. Actually, I've been shopping a couple of times and enjoyed each trip. I managed to take my eldest to visit a new sixth form college and not worry or stress about it at all. My appetite is back, actually I am eating anything and everything in sight at the moment haha. I don't seem to have the same sort of worries, or I am less anxious about what I would worry about if that makes sense.

I know it's still early days and I am prepared that I might have a couple of bad days, but this past week has been amazing. I'm so glad I stuck it out with the fluoxetine and didn't stop with when the lows go too bad.

Good news, is it amazing when it works for you and it is a great feeling, I felt just like you when it happened, I hit such a low ebb around 5 weeks and then suddenly came out the other side.

I have had a few blips along the way but they do not last long and they worry you less and less as time goes on and you cope better each time they happen, the good thing is they always go away.

I am so glad you persevered and you are having some good time.

xx

So happy for you, I hope you have many more weeks like this one.

Thanks BMP, this week has been pretty awesome too. I've stopped taking (tapered off) the propranolol too. I just feel happy. But then I have nothing to worry about right now .... lol

MrsCav, you seem to be doing so well after the rough start. Gives me hope.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information