Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who fancies being my flux diary buddy?

Re: Who fancies being my flux diary buddy?

Yip, it wasn't the best of starts, but life is good now. I use to read posts on this board and read people saying what a good time they where having on Prozac/fluoxetine and wish that was me ... well, it is now! Stick with the meds, it will all come good.

So happy for you, that is great!

Thanks BMP, I need to read your thread to see how you are getting on, but I know you will be doing pretty good too.

So it's been a month since I last posted on my thread and things are just as fab as a month ago. I've had two grumpy days, but I know what caused that, tiredness. I'm much happier, much calmer and far more positive. Life is pretty great. Kids think it's wonderful as I'm much softer with them now haha. Mind you, last night was fun. I was helping my youngest do his homework and I don't do homework at all, I hate it! I started losing the will to live and my youngest said 'mum, I think the happy pills are wearing off' ... it made me laugh anyway.

My appetite is all back to normal, actually I can eat things that I wouldn't eat before, like pastry. I could never eat pasties or pies as it would give me indigestion, I don't get indigestion anymore. I like other foods that I didn't before, like crisps. I'm more a chocolate girl than savoury girl. But despite all that I haven't put any weight on. I'm still exercising and my meditation classes have come to an end.

The only negative I can say I have found is I do bruise more easily, not big massive bruises, only little tiny ones but it's something I will bring up with my GP when I go to see her in a couple of weeks. I'm pretty sure it's because I took nurofen for a headache and I'm sure that nurofen doesn't sit with Prozac well.

But as I keep telling everyone, if this is normal, I have never felt normal before. I genuinely believe I have poorly for years but I have never realised how poorly I have been. What I'm feeling right now is amazing. Stuff that would send me off in a complete panic just doesn't happen anymore. I'm loving life and finally, I'm living life!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsCav View Post
    Day 36 of taking Flux

Not had the best of days, but I made my first post on NMP so that's a positive. I did some ironing - another positive and I helped my youngest tidy his room. Negatives, only eaten 2 bananas and drank brews all day. Couldn't face cooking so sent hubby out of a take out. The outlaws (inlaws) turned up and felt quite anxious whilst they where here as I just wanted to sit down and try and relax.

My gum is still sore where my tooth was extracted and I'm jaw clenching so I'm proper fed up with all that. Feel quite anxious and shaky but it will be bed time soon. Just taken a sleepease tab, I can only take one tab, the recommended dose is two tabs but two knock me out way to quickly.

Here's hoping for a better day tomorrow.
    Hello

going through similar,, plus lack of sleep

can you take Sleep ease as well as Prozac, that is good.

I did, in fact, I still do every now and again. I don't think there is a problem with Prozac and Sleep Ease, but there 'could' be with Propranolol. Both tabs act to lower the blood pressure ... but I will take one when I haven't slept all that great for a few nights.

It's been over a month since I last posted. I am 5 months in now and just reading back to how I was last month, things have changed. I've stopped with the bruising, that went as quick as it came. I don't crave pastry like I did.... that was odd, I never eat pies or pasties but I couldn't get enough of them. Bet it's been over a month since I had a Cornish Pasty LOL. I still don't 'do' homework with the kids, I hate it with a passion!! Nothing in the world will ever change that. And I've not had any off days either. I forgot I had had some grumpy days last month. Anyway, life is still fab, I'm still here, there and everywhere, I like going out and doing things much more now. I've joined a gym too, just so it's something else to do .... that and perv at the hunky men working out, just don't tell my husband that LOL.

My CBT was cancelled because I am doing so well, which I understand but think it's unfair too in a way. I'd much rather the therapist help someone who is on the brink but I think I should be given some tips and advice on what I could do to change my mindset. It was funny at one point, I was asked what I worry about and I said 'Nowt, at the moment, I think I am on enough meds to never worry about anything ever again' ... which is true!!

My GP has said that I will start to taper off Prozac early next year, which suits me. I thought I would be able to stay on long term but apparently the drugs are designed to work for a 6 month period. You can do longer, but it's not designed to be taken for years and years. I only take one 40mg propranolol tablet a day, that will be cut down again when I visit my GP in a few weeks.

I Hope everyone is doing well and if you are reading this because you are going through bad side effects and feel so terrible, just remember, it does get better .... actually, it gets bloomin' brilliant, stick with the Vitamin P!

HI MRSCAV , Just a message to Thank You for the help you gave me when the anxiety was taking over me but now I feel loads better and things are good , I hope you are still fine and feeling good , I am so glad I listened to you and I do try and help others in the same way as you did for me THANK YOU , YOU REALLY ARE A GUARDIAN ANGEL xx

Soooo I haven't been around here for ages but I thought it would be good to come back and update and finally finish my diary.

With the help of my doctor I have now finished taking Fluoxetine It was arranged with my GP I would start to come off in January, however my husband had a heart attack (44 years of age !! ) so it was put back by a few months. So I started to withdraw a couple of months ago, I've taken it slowly but I am finally off Fluoxetine.

I can honestly say, it was the best medication for me to take. My anxiety had been through the roof for years it was getting where I was a rambling, jittery mess most of the time. I had the best year ever last year and this
    year has been ok, but it was time to come off.

So for all of you starting, you will hit the odd blip, normally about 5 weeks in .... don't stress to much about it, it's just your brain fighting against the serotonin. I promise you will start to feel good and I can't begin to tell you how bloomin' good it feels to be 'normal' after years of an illness creeping up on you. Good luck to everyone of you .......... but I tell you what, if I ever got prescribed Fluox again, I would take it in a heart beat

I should also say, there has been no effects coming off at all. Doing a slow withdrawl seems to be the way to go. I did one tablet every other day for a few weeks, then one tablet every third day for a few weeks and then one tablet every four days for a few weeks and then one tablet every 5 days for about 3 weeks ... then I stopped.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information