Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Who fancies being my flux diary buddy?

Re: Who fancies being my flux diary buddy?

Thanks for the posts MrsCav
    I'm just on day 1. It's great to hear it worked so well.
    I'm looking forward to getting a few weeks down the line to see where I am with this....but dreading the onset of the side effects.

xx

I found the dairy MrsCav! Thank you for telling me about it. I have to say you really have made me feel soooo much better. I am going through the exact same side effect as you but you have given me hope to carry on with the meds.

Not sure if anyone is around these days??

I'm bringin my flux buddy diary out of hibernation if anyone would like to chat?

I'm back on the Vitamin (P)prozac. Ive been off for just over a year. However, Im back on it again, today is day one. Lots of reasons, mainly not coping very well. Not so much anxiety, just low mood. Mainly to do with Covid but other niggly things, noisy neighbours who like to party. Menopause. Not able to go and do things, like nippin to Asda. All whilst still working. And yes, I know I can 'nip to asda, but I'm scared I'll get the virus'...

So a quick phone call to the GP's and Im back on Prozac. I'm not to bothered about the side effects, I know what to expect and I've got propranolol just in case.

So anyone fancy a chat?... I'll check back daily

So I'm nearly 2 week in and no problems as yet. No anxiety, nothing. I'm not sure its even lifted my mood. But its still very early days. I just remember being so poorly first time around and nothing this time.

That's weird. I'm back on 40 mg after being off for a couple of years. Now on week 10.

How are you finding 40mg? Any side effects or are you cruising?

I dont understand why I have no side effects this time around. No ramped up anxiety or low mood, nothing.

Hi,

I've just read your thread. You did really well in the end on the Floux. Just curious as to why you say you're back on after a year when you came off in 2015 according to the last page?

I was prescribed Floux about a week but panicked and didn't take it. My doctor then prescribed Lofepramine but I took it yesterday and couldn't stand up without nearly passing out and I kept having hot flashes. I phoned the out of hours and they said to stop taking it. Sheesh. The Fluox was easier to take I think.

What scares me about the fluox is the insomnia and anxiety. I wake up at 4am every morning anyway and have done for 3 months. I've been depressed for nearly a year. My anxiety is more a restless nervousness and is manageable. I just get no enjoyment out of life and have no desire to go anywhere. I'm just existing really...

Did the fluox make you agitated and nervous...and a bit manic at all?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LancsBlue View Post
    My doctor then prescribed Lofepramine but I took it yesterday and couldn't stand up without nearly passing out and I kept having hot flashes.
    One of the common initial lofepramine side-effects (and of many other ADs) is orthostatic (postural) hypotension, i.e. a drop in blood pressure if you stand up too quickly, probably exacerbated by being started on a high 70mg dose I'm guessing? It usually resolves fairly quickly and can be limited by changing how you stand up. The hot flashes may have been caused by the med, but could also have been driven by anxiety in response to the hypotension symptoms. Lofepramine has a very short half-life, only about 1.5 hours with a single dose so side-effects usually stop quickly once the med is discontinued.

Lancs Blue - Its actually my third time back on, second time I hadn't been off that long and wanted to go back on. This time around I lasted longer. I'm a better person on fluoxetine. Off it, things really annoy me and so I snap or get picky. And I'd quite happily tell my husband everything is his fault. On it, I'm calm. I shouldn't come off, but after a few years I think 'right, Im normal, I can come off the meds'... but I reckon I have to tell myself to stay on forever now. I am, my own worst enemy.

First time around, yes, I was nervous and agitated. I had read the side effect sheet from front to back so I was waiting for everything. I found NoMorePanic and read some diaries, so I knew what to expect and what time period. There was one morning I thought I was going to get sectioned as I could barely talk I was that nervous. I got a GP's appointment and they put me on Propranolol. Best thing they ever did. Calmed me right down. I stayed on that for a couple of months till the fluoxetine got in my system and then came off. Second time around I asked for propranolol with the fluoxetine. No side effects at all. This time around Im purely fluoxetine. I do have some propranolol here if I need it. But I know the good times are coming, my mind set is different. And I'm wondering if that is why I'm not having the nervous anxious side effects??

I don't have depression. However, I can say during Covid I am experiencing low mood. I miss my old life. I miss so much of what I use to do. Not so much pubs/restaurants. I miss mooching around shops. I miss that I don't always have the house to myself. Husband now works from home. And I've been lucky to work all through this, but I feel I can't escape anywhere at the weekends... if that makes sense. I think if I didn't take the fluoxetine the low mood would become depression.

I'm 2 weeks in and no side effects. I've not lost my appetite. I don't have loose stools. I'm not anxious. Just nothing. I know the good times aren't that far off. First time around, like I said, I thought I was going to be sectioned. Our minds are strange, so powerful. Thinking more positively is definitely a game changer for me.

Thanks for your response MrsCav. You seem very positive, knowing they've worked before must be a great help.

Day 1 for me today - I took a massive 5mg! Felt weird all day but levelling out now. Not much anxiety. I hope I sleep!!

Hopefully life post-lockdown returns to normal for you soon. Take care.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information