Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strange sensation when falling asleep

Re: Strange sensation when falling asleep

I understand your explanation. Your symptoms are different from mine in that you are being woken from sleep with them whereas I only get mine as I am falling asleep. Its good you have had heart tests as rarely heart failure can give similar symptoms but that would have been picked up straight away in the tests so great news all was well. the other explanation could be panic attacks in the night. I have read on here alot of time about night time panic attacks in other people and they describe symptoms like yours.
    Have you talked to your GP about this possibility??
    I totally sympathise with your lack of sleep and also fear of sleep.

Hi
    Thank you for your reply....that's what worrys me is heart failure,this is actually what I had read about and that if they do the basic tests like the 24 hour monitor and scan and still
    find nothing that more tests should be done
    So you think it would of been picked up by the monitor and scanI think I would of felt more reassured if I had of gone back to the consultant after the tests and could of spoke to him in more detail about my concerns instead of just getting a very short letter and sent back to the GP
    I forgot to add in my last post that sometimes I can of just literally dropped off to sleep and
    will wake minutes later feeling this way but it is mostly after 30-45 minutes after
    How do you cope when you feel so awful with what happens to you
    Manda

Hi manda. YOu can take great reassurance from the fact the cardio did not even want to see you again so there must have been absolutely nothing on your tape or scan to indicate anything wrong with your heart. I have never heard of anyone with heart failure having normal tape and scan as for one thing you heart enlarges alot with heart failure so that alone would show up on scan.

Thank god I found this thread. It's almost 6am here and I've been on this cycle for hours. Can't get a second of sleep when it happens again and again. My biggest fear is phycosis so ofc I thinks it's because of something like that.. I also get weird sounds and images with this feeling, do u? So awful that we experience this:(

Would those of you experiencing this strange feeling describe it as a feeling of falling through space ?? That's how it is for me and is associated with neck.shoulder impingement.

Quote Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
    My sleeping position does not seem to make any difference to how much I experience this sensation and I also get the sensation even if I am sitting upright and start to drift off to sleep. It seems to be when I relax totaly in whatever position that I get it??
    Good Morning,

I do hope that your keeping and and well and I know this is a long shot as I can see the date of this particular post, but I joined today for this very reason, I have suffered with Health Anxiety on and off for a number of years, most recently (Last Two Months) it has been particularly bad, but was has changed in the last week, is this strange sensation when trying to fall to sleep, it sounds very similar to the post you added, I feel a strange sensation when trying to fall of to sleep, like everything in my body is working really slowly , then I get the falling through the bed feeling, and also the jolting when I do eventually drop off this can happen 6 or 7 times before fully falling to sleep, may I ask did you manage to get an answer as to why you had this sensation, I do hope it's no longer an issue for you.

Best Wishes
    Lee

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information