Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Diazepam

Diazepam

New to the site and have a problem which I hope someone can help with. I have used diazepam for years but can no longer obtain them. I am scared witless I am going to fall apart without them as I have always used them for what I find are stressful situations such as travel (I have a bizarre mix of claustrophobia and agoraphobia which makes travel by train or plane for example incredibly difficult), high pressure business meetings, giving presentation etc.
    Are there any alternatives which I can get - natural alternatives for example?
    I am so worried I am considering buying online which deep down I know would be dumb and potentially dangerous.
    Help please!!

Re: Diazepam

You need to speak to your GP for advise on other medication.

The diazepam was never prescribed by GP and I am worried they will make a huge issue of this.
    Are there any GPs out there who can advise how I show play this??

Who prescribed it you? Have you been using it daily?

Have got some major stresses going on in life, bereavement, divorce, loss of job to but 3! Not obtained through official routes - I guess the source is academic it's what the hell I do from here.

We are not doctors on this site, you need to see your GP for advise. Drinking at least 4 cups of chamomile tea a day is calming but not sure it will help with withdrawal from Diazepam if you have been taking it for so long.

You need to see your Gp, diazepam withdrawal needs to be done slowly, just explain the situation to your Gp Im sure they have heard and seen it all before, going cold turkey is not recommended.

I do understand by far the majority on here will not be GPs but fellow sufferers or ex sufferers but I am just hoping someone can give sound advice as to (1) what to do next (2) is my GP going to go nuts and create massive issue about where I got them from? I am sure you are probably right about doctors having seen and heard it all before but it doesn't stop me worrying

The only advise we can give is to see your gp. To answer the question about how your gp will react, well that depends on your gp I guess but I think he will be more concerned about getting you sorted than where they came from.

I very much doubt your Gp will go nuts, they are there to help you not to criticise you, do you just use diazepam in stressful situations because if so i doubt your addicted or is it on a daily basis because if so then you need to see your Gp for help.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information