Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Diazepam

Re: Diazepam

Almost exclusively in stressful situations but with all the recent stresses in my life my usage has undoubtedly increased as my nerves are shot to pieces and I am finding more and more things stressful

Defiantly go and see your Gp Im sure they can help you, Im prescribed diazepam and my doc is quite happy to prescribe it me as i don't abuse it, some doctors are anti diazepam tho but still they won't expect you to cold turkey off it.

I guess right now my big concern is how my GP will react and is he going to make a massive issue if where I got them from and force me to tell him that info which I really don't want to do

Hi Dave, when was the last time you had a diazepam tablet and what strength are they? Roughly how often and how many were you taking?

I know exactly how you're feeling. I get a prescription for them every month from my Doctor even though I don't take them all the time, I just need to know I've got some there for stressful events.

---------- Post added at 19:09 ---------- Previous post was at 19:03 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DaveinNorfolk View Post
    I guess right now my big concern is how my GP will react and is he going to make a massive issue if where I got them from and force me to tell him that info which I really don't want to do
    I'd be prepared to get a lecture and disapproving looks over this. They may want to know if you bought them as if so the person you have bought them from is guilty of selling a class c drug so I hope it was just a friend giving you them not selling them.

All you can do is explain the situation and see how he reacts

Your Gp won't force you to tell him where you got them from but if you've not been getting them from your Gp then you don't know for sure what exactly you've been taking, diazepam off the street isn't always clean cut diazepam so be careful.

Bernie - no they were not sold to me. Given by someone who had stopped using them.
    10mg tablets - taking maybe 5 a week.

I just can't face getting into more stress right now if GP reacts badly - I am on the edge as it is.

Bernie - no they were not sold to me. Given by someone who had stopped using them.
    10mg tablets - taking maybe 5 a week.

I just can't face getting into more stress right now if GP reacts badly - I am on the edge as it is.
    Sorry to go on but I'm trying to work out if you're physically dependant. Have you been taking 5 10mg tabs for a long time or just recently. It's just that diazepam has a long half life in your system.

I thinks it's important your GP knows exactly how stressed and anxious you are feeling then he should give you something to help with that. If you do have a physically dependency they will have to help you with withdrawal, you can't go cold turkey as it can be dangerous and this is regardless of where you initially got the diazepam from. They help people addicted to illegal substances at the end of the day they have a duty of care to you.

You are not going on at all - I really appreciate your advice. To be honest I think I am dependent on them. Been on them quite a long time - 12 months plus.

You are not going on at all - I really appreciate your advice. To be honest I think I am dependent on them. Been on them quite a long time - 12 months plus.
    Even if he won't continue to prescribe them to you long term I'm sure they'll have to help you taper off them. In the patient information it says you should gradually reduce under doctors guidance. If stopped suddenly you may experience unpleasant side effects, I won't go into those as I don't want to scare you. The main thing is rebound insomnia and anxiety, mood changes and restlessness.

Please let me know how you get on at the doctors, good luck

Thanks Bernie.
    I appreciate your advice and will let you know how it goes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information