Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eye twitch - struggling :(

eye twitch - struggling :(

Hi everyone.
    I'm trying not to keep doing threads because I know in the long run its just feeding the anxiety but to be honest I have never felt so alone in my life at the minute.

I have been finally getting to grips on an extremely crippling brain aneurysm fear. Now my left eye keeps twitching and it won't stop. Several sources I've said says eye twitching can precede an aneurysm rupturing.

I feel sick to my stomach, I can't sleep I'm forcing myself yo eat, I can't leave the house because I'm so scared. I cry most of the day, I can't take living in fear it's like being in a prison. I can't cry any more tears, I dont want to die but I cannot cope with these eye/head symptoms anymore.

I hate getting out of bed in the morning knowing what's coming. Had enough! Wish they'd give me any sort of test instead of this daily torture :(

Re: eye twitch - struggling :(

I always get eye twitches, the go on for ages! I also get them in my ear (which is a very weird sensation), in my legs and my arms (close to my wrist. They dont really bother me that much, apart from when my ear starts going and im trying to watch TV I really wouldnt worry about them, most people i know get them to some degree .

Thank you. I know they're common but my fear of a brain aneurysm is so so crippling every eye symptom I attach to it. My life is torture :(

Aww bless you, its tough isn't it. I get real pressure pains behind ny right eye sometimes that occasionally worry me. My big fear at the min is cancer, i have a large mass in my right side. Its killing me. swap ya?

I'll swap ya! I've not been out the house in 6 days, if it wasn't pregnant I don't think I'd eat either. All day I just sob Waiting for this aneurysm to burst and its mental torture. Just wish I could have any test to put my mind at ease but no I have to suffer. I just can't take it anymore

Aww, sounds awful. Make today the day you take a five min walk. Fresh air really helps me when it all gets a little too much. Be gentle to yourself and allow yourself some early nights, they make all the difference..

Roxy, eye twitches are not a symptom of brain aneurysm. Definitely. 100%. They are, alas, a symptom of stress and/or light sensitivity. Here's what happened to you: you were sensitive to some light, and your eyelid twitched. Once, twice, several times. Then you started panicking-and probably read about all those strokes, scleroses and palsies. Then you started panicking even more-causing more twitches. Therefore, you are actually right-your twitching does have an underlying cause, and it's called panic (or anxiety, or stress, name it as you wish). Try just to ignore the twitches, live a normal life and they'll disappear. Maybe in 5 days, maybe in 5 weeks, maybe in 5 months-but they will.

Think logically: if you really had brain aneurysm, what difference does it make to stay in the house, crying and not eating? It can get you when you are hungry in the house as well as when you are somewhere out of the house, happy and smiling. But since you DON'T have brain aneurysm, it's even more illogical to stay in the house all day long and worry yourself to death

Give your twitches time. For example, two months. In these two months, concentrate on your anxiety, try not to think about twitches at all, ignore them, make them disappear from your thoughts. Live a normal life. Always have in mind that it's anxiety that's your problem, not the twitching. Fight anxiety. If the twitches reduce/disappear in two months-well, you have your answer. If not-visit the doctor. He will put your mind at ease about aneurysm once and for all, but be aware-at that point you'll probably be a chronic health anxiety sufferer and it can happen that you'll automatically switch to some other mild symptom or problem and start dwelling about it...Therefore, kill it while it's still small-don't make a mistake I, and many other forum visitors, have made

^^^^^^^^^ couldn't have said it better myself xx

I used to get the eye twitches a lot with anxiety and stress and they freaked me out too. I get twitches other places too, even my lip or my face or my legs, even my tummy! Now I accept that they aren't a prelude to anything serious and they go away by themselves. Tiredness, stress, dehydration or anxiety give them.

thank you for your kind replies
    I know generally eye twitches are very common, however I just guess that they're just last on a very long list of head/eye symptoms that make me believe it is an aneurysm.

I get very bad eyebrow pain and pain in my forehead above the eye then in my head. I get daily dull pains in my head. My sight can go blury in the light sometimes. Sometimes I get facial pain. Though I don't Google now I have in the past and these can be symptoms of an aunruotured one, unfortunately I cannot unread things.

I long for the day I don't grt head or eye pain. I already do have severe anxiety and althought it has greatly improved since the start this particular fear still haunts me day in and day out. X

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information