Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone taking HRT?

Re: Is anyone taking HRT?

I have been to the doctors this morning and he has prescribed me Evorel Conti patches. They don't have them in stock at the chemist though so hopefully they will get them later today. Slightly nervous about trying them

Hi Annie

Was just wondering how you were doing

Are they like a HRT patch, do you have to wear them all the time?

Don't worry you will be fine, they are worth a try Hun.

Jackie xx

Hi Annie.. I went on HRT for over a year, but am off it now. My hot flushes were so severe that I literally felt ill constantly from the menopause, so eventually I gave in and agreed to try the HRT. On the plus side, the flushes started to dimish only a few days into it, even though the physician warned it could be 3 weeks, and after that I hardly had flushes at all, nor the palpitations which go with them, the whole time I was on HRT - wonderful!!

But - my first problem was I became allergic to the adhesive on the patches, so changed to cream and tablet for the 2 hormones in HRT. I then started to get horrendous headaches, which increased in severity and frequency, so eventually we played around with the HRT and found the culprit to be the Norethisterone side of it, so I had to stop HRT altogether.

I'm back with the flushes now :(

I think I'm just unlucky, I do tend to have drug sensitivities and am prone to migraines anyway, so hopefully you won't get any of these negatives I got, and only get the positives.

Yes they are patches and have to be worn constantly. I change them every 3.5 days. I asked for the patches as I don't I will worry about using them as much as taking tablets...just something psychological for me I guess
    Sorry they didn't work for you Daisy Sue. The hot flushes are my worst symptom so I hope they stop soon.

I have got the first patch stuck in place. I must admit I am getting slightly anxious waiting for side effects to happen Why can't I just be positive and think "This is going to make me feel like a new woman"

Hey you..... Yes YOU.... ANNNIE!!!!Now u listen to your auntie tessar. U stop the fear ya hear? Enough!! You have got it and stuck it on. Now u wanna get on with your usual business and soon hopefully U will b feeling much better. Fingers crossed. No thinking the worst and no focusing on what they may do ... Other than yes.... Making u feel like a new woman!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 21:41 ---------- Previous post was at 21:40 ----------

And that's an order!!

Okay Tessar I will try VERY hard

I have woke up this morning and noticed a bruise under the patch. Rationaly I am thinking I did wake during the night and the edge of the patch was stuck to the bed so I probably pulled it and caused the bruise.I wish I could stop waiting for side effects

Hey you...... Yes you naughty person, stop it!!!!!!! No waiting. Chill my friend. Yeah I know easier said than done, I know....... But do what u can not to over think this. And yes that IS an order (a nice order though sent with hugs).

Thank you Tessar. I have felt calmer about it tonight. I had a terrible hot flush a few minutes so I am hoping in a few weeks they won't be so bad.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information