Thread: Who else is unemployed?

Angry Who else is unemployed?

I feel anxiety with the idea of applying for jobs even though I know it would be good for me to get out.

But I hate the constant nagging from family to get a job. The more that they ask me, the more I don't want to get a job just to spite them all. I don't need their approval and the idea that they can nag me make me unsure whether I would even be getting a job just because THEY suggested it. And I don't feel like they will ever let up.

How do I put people in their place so that they stop asking me. The next time someone asks me I feel I want to punch them in the face.

Re: Who else is unemployed?

Not applying for jobs in order to spite your family isnt a great idea. Its not really putting them up nor down if you haven't got a job, but you certainly won't be doing yourself any favours. Having a job gives you so much more independence, structure, routine and a healthy sense of achievement. It can also help you make friends, contacts and improve your social life and career progression.

I'm also unemployed at the moment, and although I love my parents and they are good enough to support me and take me back home, I hate the fact that I'm dependant on them financially until I find a job. I also lack in motivation, self discipline and feel I have achieved nothing at the end of each day. Its actually really boring.

Nowadays employers value experience over qualifications, iv seen so many of my super intelligent friends unable to find jobs because they have no work experience, despite their qualifications. The best thing for you would be to look for a job and gain some really valuable work experience for YOUR benefit, not coz your parents nag you.

You might make some really good friends out of it and you never know where it could lead.

Thread Information