Thread: Neck ultrasound

Neck ultrasound

Hi

I am looking for advice please.
    As many of you know I've been worry about neck glands for months now. I have been to the gp numerous times. A haematologist for two appointments and an ENT for two appointments. I have have had lots of blood tests and the haematologist ran bloods specifically looking for cancer makers particularly lymphoma etc to try and reassure me.

Each time they have told me they cannot feel any swollen lymph nodes. But I have a sore neck and when I press into my neck I am sure I feel glands that are not there on the other side of my neck. I also experience sweating at night, and have been told that's anxiety and side effects of my meds.

When I saw my gp two weeks ago after examining my neck and dying she feels nothing, although she did say the right side feels a little bit fuller. Anyway she said that she doesn't know what else to do to reassure me and the only other thing left is an ultrasound of my neck.

So anyway I have the appointment in for two weeks time and I don't know whether to go or not. I'm actually terrified of scans and of what it might show. If it shows any anomalies at all I will struggle to believe yet are not sinister. (that's assuming there wont be anything bad and the doctors are right). But if it sad some nodes are swollen but nothing to worry about I will be terrified ru are growing.

Also I am dealin with a mouth infection on the same side and I am scared that will through the results off and it will say swollen nodes.

I am also aware that constantly seeking reassurance is not the right thing to do. Should I go or not?

Thanks

Re: Neck ultrasound

Look, I wouldn't go. I think the swollen nodes (if they are swollen) are due to the mouth infection. in fact no, I know they are you've had the tests and the doctors aren't worried so you shouldn't be worried either.

unfortunately seeking reasurrance only feeds our anxiety, I know it's hard not to, and I know it's hard when you feel like your putting your life in other people's hands but trust me, you'll start to feel better as soon as you accept it's only anxiety

Re: Neck ultrasound

Hey there, I have swollen glands in my neck for awhile. I had an ultrasound last week and they were semi-enlarged but do not indicate anything serious

Thread Information