Thread: Triggered by news from a friend

Triggered by news from a friend

Just got a call from my good friends wife that at the age of 32 he had a massive stroke Sunday night. She has no idea I suffer from HA so it's not her fault but I have def been triggered big time especially since he is my age and leads a far more healthy lifestyle than I do

Re: Triggered by news from a friend

I am sorry about your friend.

I have had these triggers before also. I tend to put myself in their shoes, and wonder how I would handle itc... And it is also a reminder that life can be hard and we cannot control it (something I think we find hard to accept).

I think it is normal to feel bad, and it will pass if you let it. Don't try to 'stop feeling bad', that makes it worse. Sometimes in life feeling bad is ok, and normal, and we need to let ourselves go through it.

Sorry to hear about your friend.

I frequent a couple of cancer forums due to my battle. While I'm on there less these days, I still check in several times a week. Unfortunately, it's the nature of the beast to reoccur and unfortunately it has taken friends that I've come to know during my journey. It's never a good feeling to see a post and knowing that time is short for someone you fought the battle with. Nor is it easy to lose a friend or loved one suddenly or otherwise. The pain and shock never lessens.

At the same time, it becomes easier to accept as we get older and is just a fact of life. The overall shock isn't as bad and we learn to cope with it better.

Mourning is normal so allow yourself to do so. Again, sorry for your loss. Hope you feel better.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thanks for your replies fortunately my friend actually survived his stroke but will have a hell of a battle infront of him

Thread Information