Thread: a potential lovely evening out being ruined!!!

a potential lovely evening out being ruined!!!

Ive been invited to go to a lovely evening out in london for this sunday evening ( I got told about the event by the organiser of a previous event) anyway the event is in the green park/mayfair area so although its a dress code of casual smart for this area and event its a chance to dress up a little, so far so good, the thing is Im going to a seminar this saturday its to help people who are trying to start their own business that event finishes about 5pm ish and the sunday event starts at 6pm now my dilema is this if I stay in london I have 2 main problems 1st the cost of the overnight stay which if I dont want to pay a fortune for is going to have to be fairly near the event and therefor fairly pricey, 2nd what do I do with the bag containing my change of clothes etc I dont really want to turn up at sundays event with a small holdall or whatever?? if however I come back home saturday how do I get to the event sunday as I dont relish travelling on the train in a posh dress and high heels?? I live in the essex area so a taxi from home to the event is beyond my finances. any ideas on this dilema would be most welcome cos at the moment its ruining my exitement for the event. :( :(

Spock

Not to sure of what exactly is the dilemma. If you are ok on hotels, crowds and tubes and stuff I'd go with the overnight stay. There are plenty good value hotels in and around London, Ibis and Premier Travel Inn spring to mins as do Comfort Hotels. around £60 or less

Stay in London, go to Camdem Street Market on Sunday morning, afternoon Central London Covent Garden etc

As far as dress is concerned; short, black and heels does it for me every time. Then again I'm a guy!! and have you tried getting size 11 high heels!!

Have fun

Take care

Iain

Laissez les bon temp roulez

Hi..
    I live in Essex and trains are pretty frequent out of London in the evenings, all it would me is getting a lift at the other end.
    Sarah

Thread Information