Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Took first 50mg sertraline before

Took first 50mg sertraline before

So about 10 mins ago I finally did it pushed my fear aside an took my first tablet ... Actually that is a total lie my sister and her boyfriend made me take it after my breakdown last night I stayed at their house.. So the tablet was on my plate of toast .. Then she followed me to the toilet to make sure I didn't throw it up... Honestly you wouldn't think she's the younger sister ! She's only 20 I'm 24 but don't seemed to have grown up beyond the age of 15 ! So I'm just waiting to start feeling weird now sat here feeling scared x

Re: Took first 50mg sertraline before

Don't be scared you'll be fine, I'm on my second week of them, all I've had is tiredness and chills occasionally

Hi Sarah you wont feel weird in fact you wont feel anything from the 1st tablet it takes a while to get into your system,try and stay focused that the tablets will help and not on side effects.I can tell you the side effects from 50mg arent that bad at all
    hope you feel better soon

Hey guys thanks for support ... Just scared about taking cos I remember when I took the citalopram the first tablet gave me horrible, sicky feeling and dizziness and mirtazipine ... Well wow is all I can say they were horrendous.. Starting to have a slightly unsteady, tipsy feeling is this normal ? X

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah1989 View Post
    Hey guys thanks for support ... Just scared about taking Starting to have a slightly unsteady, tipsy feeling is this normal ? X
    yes your getting yourself worked up about the tablet and its normal anxiety
    you have to get it out of your head they will do any harm

I do not believe that my sister is now dragging me to tescos .. I can see this going horrible ! I am trying to think positive but my mind frame is so negative that its hard to try switch it around x

does any1 have any experience with upping on sertraline from 50mg to 100mg, im on day 3 xx

Hi, Clare, I responded to your other post about this. Am happy to share any experiences. Not sure if I answered fully what you would like to know in your other post. Feel free to continue to chat with me in that thread or pm me if you would like.

Sarah, you may deal with some transient (will go away) side effects, .....but you are already so miserable-- that you can be strong enough to weather a few yucky weeks to get to a place you are better! Trust the meds....they will work, but it takes awhile and in the meantime your anxiety dragon will probably try to work against you with all it has!
    Will share any experiences that you think may help....I am on Sert and am getting my life back....., but, remember- it isn't just about the meds. You need to heal mind, body, and soul, and that takes lots of various tools. How else can I encourage you at this time?

Hello well starting cbt next week so we will see. Thank you for words of encouragement I am ok still in my sisters house an just feel as we say in Liverpool totally off my Barnett I feel like I have had ecstasy pills ! But I'm gonna try keep at it x

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah1989 View Post
    Hello well starting cbt next week so we will see. Thank you for words of encouragement I am ok still in my sisters house an just feel as we say in Liverpool totally off my Barnett I feel like I have had ecstasy pills ! But I'm gonna try keep at it x
    Well go to some really loud and crazy party then and forget all about anxiety You'll have advantage over everybody-you'll be high-DOCTORS ORDERS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information