Thread: Is there soreness with bowel/colon cancer?

Is there soreness with bowel/colon cancer?

Having a bad worry day I've got 4 days until I see a gastro consultant about my bowel issues and diarrhea. My left side colon and under my ribs is sore, it seems to be worse when waste is moving through. It's sometimes goes hard in places and nodular. I'm praying that this is an inflammation thing such as ibs, colitis or diverticulitis. I don't think bowel cancer has these symptoms such as a very sore colon, as soreness is more associated with inflammation? A previous doc said he could feel a lump but this was a trapped stool, the next doc said he couldn't feel anything so it hopefully moved. I get gurgling going on as well. Any experiences would be appreciated.

Re: Is there soreness with bowel/colon cancer?

As far as I know there can be soreness with bowel cancer, but there's also soreness with those conditions you mentioned.

The pain from bowel cancer happens when the tumor is sufficiently blocking the colon to cause it. That is mote normally on the left side. Cancer on the right doesn't cause pain til very late at the colon is much wider on the right hence my concerns.

I've had soreness and lots of gurgling recently, but my tests for colon cancer came back clear, so don't assume the worst! Trapped gas can cause the same symptoms you have.

Clover1201 what do you mean by hence your concerns? Also did you mean this is more normally on the left side or not normally on the left side??? This is really freaking me out now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojomarymoo View Post
    Clover1201 what do you mean by hence your concerns? Also did you mean this is more normally on the left side or not normally on the left side??? This is really freaking me out now.
    I think she is referring to a previous thread of hers about colon cancer and one of her symptoms is "pain on the right side". I believe she was going in for some tests this week, but haven't seen a recent post by her to let us know how she is doing.

Jojo please do not worry.

Colon cancer usually only causes pain once it is sufficient to cause a blockage.

I had massive pain on the left which seemed to get worse with eating and it was kidney stones.

I'll bet you anything it's IBS

Thanks everyone, sorry about my panic stricken comment re clover1201 I'm in a high state of anxiety and planning everything that's going to happen like removing my colon. I've got to keep thinking about the other explanations such as colitis and diverticulitis which two docs have mentioned. Thanks again xxx

Come back and let us know how you get on .

Thread Information