Thread: Weird feeling in fingers

Weird feeling in fingers

Lately I've had a weird feeling in my left fingers (middle to pinky). They feel sort of stiff. Maybe a little numb. hard to describe it. Sometimes I have a similar feeling in my left toes.

Now I'm all paranoid this is something major. Are these normal with anxiety ?
    Last edited by xxJoe; 17-01-14 at 03:33.

Re: Weird feeling in fingers

Numbness and tingling sensations are really common, especially in the hands and feet! don't worry about it!!

FEAR: False Evidence Appearing Real.

Re: Weird feeling in fingers

Numbness or tingling in hands and feet (From the Symptoms link at the Left of this page.)

What you feel:

You feel pins and needles in your hands and feet, or other parts of your body. Sometimes you get a feeling like a particular area of your body is numb or frozen. Other times you may feel a burning sensation in your arms, legs or face.
    What causes this:

Since the nervous system conveys touch sensations to the brain, when the nervous system is over stimulated, it can sometimes send impaired information which will often be felt as a numbness, tingling or pins and needles. For example, when an individual pinches a nerve they usually feel the results of this as numbness or tingling in a certain part of the body.
    Because the entire skin area of the body is touch sensitive (nerves cells connected to the brain through the nervous system network), any part of the skin or body can feel numb, tingly or as pins and needles.
    Typically this sensation comes and goes, and will affect a wide range of body areas off and on. It's nothing to be concerned with and will subside once the nervous system gets sufficient rest.

Thread Information