Thread: Fluoxetine

Fluoxetine

Hi all. [^]

Just been described Fluoxetine20mg from my GP for anxiety can anyone tell me if they have used it and did you get any unwanted effects. A bit scared of taking meds as i haven't done so before, and after reading some of the side effects that can happen kind of freaked me out a bit.

Hi Kittykat,

I took it a long time ago and for me it wasn't the best me for my anxiety. I got a buzzy feeling in my head and for me it put everything in overdrive, but that was just me. Meds work differently for everybody, good luck and I hope it works for you.

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

Hi,

I have been taking flouxetine and beta blockers together for over a year now. Everything has been good with them and not had any bad reactions. I was worried about prozac just as it gets such a bad press but really you dont have anything to worry about.

Hope this helps.

Sus, x

Nothing is predestined: The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings.
    Ralph Blum

Hi kittykat, I've just come off Fluoxetine (20mg - 1 a day). I was only on them for a few months and just stopped taking them about a week ago. It got rid of my panic attacks, took the edge off my anxiety, but I did have one side effect and that was insomnia (with a lot of people it makes them sleep better, but not me!) I was lucky if I slept for an hour, it would then take me ages to get back to sleep and at the most I would only get 4 hours interrupted sleep. Now I've stopped taking them, even though it's only been a week, my sleep is getting better. My GP said the tablets would still be in my system now, which I think is good because the medication will wear off slowly. I would consider them to anyone suffering from panic attacks/anxiety. I don't read side effects any more, as far as I'm concerned, if I got a side effect I'm sure I'd know. A lot of the side effects seem a bit far fetched to me, but I suppose the companies have to cover their backs.

Good luck with the meds.

Les

Thanks guys'
    Your advice has kind of settled me a bit, i was a bit scared to take because of some of the bad press it had about side effects and stuff.
    Anyway here goes , i've got my first tablet and glass of water sitting here, Wish me luck..................xx

Good luck Kitty....hope it helps!

Sean x

Thread Information