Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Citalopam + weight gain

Re: Citalopam + weight gain

David, apparantley Prozac is the only one that doesnt put weight on and can have the opposite effect - if only that med agreed with me - lol

its so depressing that it has the weight effect

A.
    Apparently the drugs mess with you metabolism and slows it down. I eat even less than I use to and still manage to put approximately a 1lb of weight on a week.

Sheena

I am like the before and after pics for weight watchers - only the pics r the wrong way around!

Does the weight come off once you stop taking citalopram? Pipsie

I've been on Citalopram for about three years now and I've put on almost three stone, I've been saying its the drug now for ages and my GP basically laughed at me, then I saw a locum GP and he stated that Citalopram definitely makes you put on weight.

how bloody depressing - i wish i could have a lot of lipo

Well you know--- when i was taking propanalol for the first time and cipramil i put on loads of weight , told the doctor it was the meds.. no comment from him.. anyway last year i lost 21 lbs and kept it off for a year.. well now i am putting on weight again ,, and i dont think it is the drugs .. I think its when i start to feel better in myself, my appitite imroves and i also eat more choc---------so i dont think it is the drugs at all. I think it is how we are feeling in ourselves, and we just like to blame the drugs for the weight gain.. Well thats my excuse anyway!!!!

I have put on a stone and a half since starting on citalopram 18 months ago- I've also been doing a lot of comfort eating which of course it mainly to blame but I'm not sure if the excessive cravings for sweet stuff is due to the citalopram or if it isn't connected. Has anyone else found that they 'need' sweet stuff when they have taken citalopram? I have found it much harder to drop the weight since taking citalopram even when i am able to be 'good' with my diet. Can't wait to come off the tabs...

Smile Re: Citalopam + weight gain

Dod u actualy know chickens not fatty its the chicken skin? thats fatty. CHICKENmeats actually low fat

I've only just found this website after years of suffering and trying all sorts of remedies.....but recently gave in and went to the doctor who put me on Citalopram....i've been on it for approx 2 months now. The first 3 weeks were the hardest!! But i've also gained weight....previous symptoms have also come back from when I previously on a/depress; spots, excessive night sweating, daily headaches, all over body itching, recurrent thrush, bv and cystitis.....These are some of things that get me down!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information