Thread: Utterly convinced this is melanoma :( petrified

Unhappy Utterly convinced this is melanoma :( petrified

I know I posted about this but my god I feel horrible. I made the mistake of googling further about foot melanoma and I honestly can't see how it can be anything else. I feel so scared and anxious it's unreal. I'm going to make a docs apt tomorrow but right now I'm an absolute mess. This mole,much like the other ones I'm worried about - well I have no idea whether it's always been this shape because I've been stupid and paid no attention to them. I just keep thinking it's been there for maybe a year or two (maybe more) and that I must be about to die of cancer urge :(

I'm so sorry to bleat on about this I just don't know what to think anymore

I've attached a pic..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Utterly convinced this is melanoma :( petrified

be positive, I have lots of moles (I've always had) and many of them look like yours

This looks nothing like melanoma what makes you think it is? It's symmetrical, it's one colour, it's borders are fine and it's small.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseEve View Post
    This looks nothing like melanoma what makes you think it is? It's symmetrical, it's one colour, it's borders are fine and it's small.
    I suppose googling foot melanoma got me to it :( the way I see it the edges are slightly feathered and the fact it's tear drop shaped rather than round / oval? So many on the internet seemed to match this one :(

I watched a video on Youtube about HA. I came to find out it was an actual member here that recorded it. In it, she described how she was utterly convinced that one of her hands was wasting away. She could see it! Unfortunately, no one else could. There was a thread a while back where someone was convinced they were getting thinner on one side of their body yet the scale didn't change. I personally went through a period of psychosis during my cancer treatment. I didn't realize how I was but everyone else did.

The mind is the most powerful muscle in our bodies and can do things and cause real physical symptoms. So it only stands to reason that a normal mole will appear to be different through your eyes due to believing it's cancerous from a photo you've seen.

It's prudent to have you GP check moles and such during a check up. They're trained to spot questionable body markings. I've had several pre-cancerous type moles taken off. No biggie. If in fact something is suspicious, they'll address it.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 19-01-14 at 16:34.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thanks for the reply fishmanpa. I really appreciate you taking the time to reply. It's almost like my brain won't allow me to think any other way - I seem to have moles that nearly all look and sound like the bad things you see and read. I wish I'd been more vigilant in the past because I just feel like there's no way any of them can be anything other than something bad and it's just too late :(

Sorry I think I've repeated myself..

---------- Post added at 18:21 ---------- Previous post was at 18:19 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alex94 View Post
    be positive, I have lots of moles (I've always had) and many of them look like yours
    Really alex94? I seem to have every single kind of bad looking mole you can get! Argh!

I understand your fears. I've had skin cancer obsession too. But that looks perfectly normal to me. My skin doc said that moles on the hands and feet get stretched out. I have one on the inside of my hand that is star shaped. I had it checked and it's normal. It doesn't have to be round just symmetrical and it is. A trip to the skin might put you at ease.

Looks very normal to me. Most of my family have similar moles. Unless they get bigger or change shape, I wouldn't worry.

Thread Information