Thread: Former chronic anxiety sufferer

Former chronic anxiety sufferer

Hi,
    I used to suffer terribly from anxiety in most areas of my life, particularly in social interactions and speaking.

I managed to overcome my anxiety and I became a hypnotherapist. I am now in the field of helping people with various issues and in particular anxiety.

Hopefully I can add some value to this forum.

I'm looking forward to getting to know the people on here

Re: Former chronic anxiety sufferer

Hey there always nice to meet new members, how did you manage to overcome your anxiety? I have suffered from anxiety for about 6 months now so relatively new to it. It's keeping me from work at the moment and I am worried about losing my job :-(

It was actually hypnotherapy that got me over my anxiety! So you might be able to see the link to why I became a hypnotherapist.

I feel for you suffering at the moment. You need to try and stop yourself from worrying about losing your job as this is only going to increase your feelings of anxiety.

If you are off of work at the moment I would suggest that you keep structure in your day and also factor in a couple of anti anxiety exercises.

For example. If you would usually get up for work at 07.30 during the week, try and do this whilst you are off and have little personal goals to achieve throughout the day.

They have not got to be big. But write them down and tick them off as you do them.

You will get a sense of achievement and keep yourself moving forward.

Hi Mark!

I've suffered anxiety for the last 10 years following a car accident. Never really managed to get on top of it and suffered a drink problem as a result of trying to self-medicate.

I'm having counselling and taking 50mg of sertraline at the moment and trying to sort my life out.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Hi Teej,

Many thanks for the warm welcome.

Look forward to hearing your progress!

Thread Information