Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fed up, Miserable but Here

Fed up, Miserable but Here

Hullo,

My name is Jon and I'm falling apart. I'm not depressed I just want to press the pause button on life, I want to hide out and just do nothing.

I have often felt like thir thoughout my life (inc at school) but the last two months have been the worst/and or had the greatest impact on my life.

I didn't make it into work again today, and don't think I can manage tomorrow either. I will feel even more isolated on Monday, so I know I will have to resign (as they have been so patient with me of late). I simply can't face the thought of seeing them all and feeling guilty at being out of the office.

I did have a fortnight away less than a month ago and for the 1st time in my life I went to the GP for help with my head. He referred me to a psycologist and we've had 3 sessions, after which I took the decision to go back to work as at the time I thought it was the only way to get back to being sane.

I was briefly elated the 1st day, and excited in being back in the real world and feeling confident and happy, but as the days progressed I was having to fight harder and harder with myself just to get to the work car park, and then to the door and finally to my desk.

Anyway, I didn't go in today and am resigned to never holding down a proper office job again.

Its a shame as prior to this full time job I have spent the last three years working part time to try and get the work life balance thing right but ultimately spending time away from people makes me worse, so thought f/t was right for me.

Trouble is when I'm feeling like this all I want to do is hide - which in turn probably makes it wosre, even tho right now it is all I could dream for.

Anyway, I'll stop babbling. I have another session with the shrink guy on Monday.

It is interesting to read other people's post but I can't help but feel different. I don't want to start again with the "head training/coaching" and to eventually after much much hard work to get better. I think I'm essentially happy (or as happy as I ever am) just hiding.

The last 8 days of fighting to get into work have felt like a real slog, like I have been banging my head against a brick wall until it is bloody and mushy.

I can't keep doing this to myself, I don't have the energy and it will surely make me depressed and even suicidal.

Just wish I could win the lottery and then maybe I could hide successfully forever!

Anywho, that's my mad introduction. Will no doubt write some more once I get the sack and once the shrink has told me his thoughts...

TTFN and best of lcuk to everyone that is made of sterner stuff than me :-)

Jon

Hi Jon,

A big warm welcome to you. We are all here for each other so we never feel we are the only ones to cope with our thoughts every day.

Take Care

Mandyxx

Hi Jon,believe me pet you are not different,we are all in the same situation,you are not alone.Here you will get lots of advise and support.
    Things will get better for you.

Ellen XX

Hi Jon,

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice here while making new friends on the way.

please take a look at this post it may help:

First Steps:
    First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety

Love

Andrea
    xxx

Hi Jon
    Welcome to NMP. This is a great site with lots of help, advice and support. There are loads of lovely people in here, who despite there own situation will find time to listen and share. My belief is that it is a two way process.

I'm pretty impressed that you have managed to get 4 consultations with a phsychologist in a month of your visit to the GP....most of us wait months for a questionnaire from the YTS CPN!!

Take care

Iain

Laissez les bon temp roulez

hi jon welcome to the forum
    take care
    rach x

Hi Jon,

and welcome to no more panic.

keep your chin up mate.

you are in the right place

shellxx

Hi Jon,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Hi Jon

welcome aboard. However grim it may seem things will get better. This place is a Godsend.

SEan

Hi Jon,
    Welcome! I know about the wanting to hide. This morning I had to force myself up and to work. I feel insecure here and guilty for all my neurosis. I do have anxiety issues and real depression problems and people just do not have patience for those type problems. I get the general feeling that everyone would like to tell me to "grow up".
    One reason I do not just give up and "hide" is that I know that without the job creating an absolute need and schedule for me I would just get worse. I would end up sleeping all day, eating, and sleeping more all around the grandkids school schedules. Not very pretty once you think about it. I wish you the best. YOu will find caring people here who genuinally want to help. Keep your head up.
    Sheryl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information