Thread: Song for my wife to be

Song for my wife to be

I am marrying my partner of 20 years this April. We have been together since we were 16 years old so I thought it was about time!

As with most things in my life the last 10 years or so, anxiety is having it's part to play in the wedding preparations of course. I have been thinking about standing up in front of everyone with eyes on us, doing a speech in front of 120 people etc. But I am determined to overcome these fears and do it.

I have always wanted to write a song for my Rebecca and last week I did. I have decided that I am going to perform this song on the stage in the reception hall and dedicate it to her at our wedding. I am nervous but i'm going through with it! The words say everything I want to say about this lady and how I feel about our journey together from age 16 to now.

I am nervous about how the performance will go and the reaction from people but hope it goes down well!

Link removed as wedding guests and friends are visiting my soundcloud page and I want to avoid them and my other half listening to it before April! Want it to be a surprise !!

https://soundcloud.com/craigj1303/
    Last edited by craigj1303; 10-02-14 at 11:57.

Re: Song for my wife to be

Aw it's lovely! She'll absolutely love it Well done!

Craig that is so lovely! I woke up this morning feeling anxious and depressed and listening to your song has really cheered me up. It is beautiful Craig, truly beautiful!

Thanks Daisy Sue and Annie.

Annie, i'm really happy now that something i've done has made someone else happy! Everyone's happy!! Yaaay!!!

I have to say, my day has been made much better by hearing your song. Your partner is one lucky lady having you write and sing something so special for her

Soooo romantic!

Thread Information