Thread: Feel it`s time to start back on Venlaxine ..Worried !

Feel it`s time to start back on Venlaflaxine ..Worried !

Hi

I Stopped taking Venlaflaxine around 18 months ago . My doctor had gradually increased the dose to 150mg over time . I was seen at the mental health centre on the 8 January 2014 by a psychiatrist who said he feels that I need to start taking them again . I haven`t started yet and tried to get through my anxiety med free as I felt pretty good in myself and my anxiety and panic seemed to lift

In the last few days I seem to have hit rock bottom again and feel its now time to maybe start the venflaxine but I'm worried sick about the side effects and if its going to keep me indoors like it did last time as for the first 2 months or so as my anxiety and panic attacks seemed to increase and couldn`t cope outdoors with the side effects . I`ve just started to get over agoraphobia and worried that I`m going back down that road at the moment as I`m more anxious and in panic outdoors at the moment , Ive not been like this for months but still managing to get out a little now but not too far. Last week I could have easily gone into a supermarket shopping , now the thought of even going in one fills me with dread and panic

The psychiatrist prescribed a 37.5mg in a morning and 75mg in the evening which I feel is a bit high to start on after not taking them for so long ?

Maybe I should just take the 37.5mg and gradually build up over weeks to the dose I`ve been prescribed by the psychiatrist ? Maybe I should have a word with the doctor but cant get in to see them till next Monday

In the meantime I`m not sure really what to do ?

My head is everywhere at the moment with this, so any advice would be greatly appreciated

Ant
    Last edited by Antonio2301; 22-01-14 at 11:12.

Re: Feel it`s time to start back on Venlaxine ..Worried !

Best of luck Ant. It's horrible when we get struck down like this and the start ups on *any* of the medications are horrible. When I started on citalopram I just went for it. I figured I couldn't feel any worse!

Thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

T

Re: Feel it`s time to start back on Venlaxine ..Worried !

Hi i take venlafaxine and started off on 37.5mg and gradually worked my way up to 150mg and now Im on 187.5mg, the side effects i remember are nausea, dilated pupils and slight heightened anxiety but i felt so bad anxiety and panic wise that might have just been me but it does seem aa high dose to start off on and i would be inclined to start lower if it was me, good luck x x

Thread Information