Thread: I feel stuck

Unhappy I feel stuck

I am now 27 years old and i live with my parents, yes im indian and for me to move out my parents want me to get married. I am sick and tired of living like this, this is not who I am and never will be. I cannot believe my life, i feel trapped i honestly do. They want to control my every move, wherever I go they want to know, i feel like a little child that needs to hold mummy and daddys hand before crossing a road. I want to break free from their ties, i want to move away from them and live on my own. They want me to get married and that is that for my life. I am starting to hate them and i have anger inside of me everytime they pick on me and try to belittle me. They dont believe in me and sometimes i find very little hope of seeing a way out. I tried to overdose myself once but failed and now suffer the consequences with great anxiety over my eye problems. I always look out the window hoping for a better day. Sometimes i think suicide is my only way out, at least out of this body and indian tradition.

Re: I feel stuck

Please dont give up on life. Your situation sounds awfull I really feel for you. Are you Muslim ? My wife went threw something simmilar to you. There is always hope. Suicide is never a option x

Quote Originally Posted by kurtis1990 View Post
    Please dont give up on life. Your situation sounds awfull I really feel for you. Are you Muslim ? My wife went threw something simmilar to you. There is always hope. Suicide is never a option x
    I am of hindu religion but honestly i feel like im forced stuck in this indian body and tradition,it is not me at all. I pray to Jesus Christ even, i feel no connection at all to their tradition and beliefs.

I feel for you. Have you considered running away from home to stay with a friend?

Quote Originally Posted by kurtis1990 View Post
    I feel for you. Have you considered running away from home to stay with a friend?
    I DONT even have any friends even :/

Melissa, have you looked into any women's groups in your area? Even if you're not near Durban, you might see if the Women's Cultural Group there can point you to some people who can help. Here's a page with their info: http://www.brabys.com/business/40821...cultural-group

I think it's hard for you to see what possibilities may be open to you right now, but I know there have been young women in a similar situation who've been able to find a life that's better for them. It would be great if you can make contact with some people like that or who can connect you with them.

Thread Information