Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Extra Heartbeats

I got a string of them tonite. IT was actually after having sex. I got about four of them. Its really scaring me and i think theres something wrong. cause it seems they are happening during the resting phase of excercise.. I think thats a signal for heart trouble. ill get 1. then a couple mins later another .. few mins later another. and it happens about 3 or four times. .. Im very nervous about this .. I think i need to get the holter monitor

Under normal circumstances, ectopics are not part of changes in heart rate. Where the Vagus nerve is sensitized, however, like it is when you have anxiety, it is extremely common to experience palpitations as the heart rate changes because the parasympathetic system acts upon the Vagus nerve to slow the heart's rate.

This is what a cardiologist said about ectopics after excercise. So it is NOT a signal for heart trouble, it is absolutely normal for someone with anxiety to have more skipped beats after working out (or having sex, LOL)

"You can't yell loud enough to make me shut up."

Hi Guys,

Thanks again for all the replies, it looks likes there a few of us that have the same issues and symptoms and i think its great that this forum is available as its a great reassurance.

Thanks again guys.

Sean
    x

when i get a few in the a row. it puts me into retardation mode. I spent the whole day today on google. reading reading reading reading.. CONSTANTLY checking my pulse. I thought i had an irregular rhythm for a min and paniced. Continued to read.. And i bent down to check something got up and felt a hard heart beat. and had an anxiety attack from hell. My heart started pounding and racing like a motor. I was shaking. cold with chills. Im pretty sure it wasn an anxiety attack, but even with this who really knows.

HI
    MY HEART FEELS LIKE ITS BEATING AT A HUNDRED MILES AN HOUR AND IM ALWAYS CHECKING MY PULSE IVE HAD MY HEART TESTED AND EVERYTHING IS FINE BUT ITS TRYING TO CONVINCE MYSELF THAT EVERYTHING IS FINE IS THE HARDEST PROBLEM I THINK BECAUSE I SUFFER STRESS AND PANIC ATTACKS IT MAKES THE SYMPTOMS WORSE THAN WHAT THEY ACTUALLY ARE.

yeah i hear you. My heart went nuts last night and this morning i woke up feeling really terrible. Like death. I cant even explain how i felt. Just like weak and like i could die any second. Or that my heart wasnt working right. I got a holter monitor on now. U think these things are accurate at telling u if ur heart is ok? I mean with the damn heart there are so many fuking tests excuse my language. and it seems like unless you got 1000 tests. nothing is certain. U get an ekg. oh well u have to get it when u have symptoms.> then u get a halter monitor.. oh didnt have major symptoms. then they try to give u a 30 day event monitor.. then theres stress tests and echocardiograms. I dont have insurance right now. I dont know if i can go through with all these tests.

The thing that annoys me is not actually knowing if there is a problem with my heart. The problem is i know i have had a lot of tests and that they have come back ok, i would hope that the doctors or tests would be correct but theres still this little part of my brain that tells me to stop being stupid and realise there IS something wrong.

I find it stange that i have never suffered from ectopics until the last 12 - 18 months. My mind tells me that this means something is wrong as if it isnt why havnt i had it from bith? why have they suddenly started ruining my life now.

Its crazy, i was sat in the bath reading an hour ago and i suddenly had three bad ectopics and i felt i had to put my book down and get out as quick as poss in case i was about to have a heart attack or something. Its totaly ruining my life and im sick of searching for answers.

Where do i go from here???

Ive read everyones contributions with great interest, I have a slightly different perspective as Ive already had a heart attack. That was in February and I have since had stents fitted and all the usual tests more than once. ECGs by the hundred, 30 day monitor, I am on lots of cardiac medication. The NHS saved my life and spent a lot of money on me. I do my part now, diet, exercise & try to cut down on stress etc etc etc. The point is my ectopics started only recently and its amazing how stressfull and debilitating they can be. I get mine usually at rest and often in the evening when relaxing. Having access to a cardiologist and various trained nurses Ive been able to discuss them at length and they all agree THEY ARE GENERALLY HARMLESS. Obviously you MUST discuss them with your own Dr but even for me they recommend cutting down the caffeine, continuing with my gradually increasing exercise programme and TRYING not to worry about these little blips. Worrying will only increase the problem as adrenaline will cause them. I cant say I am winning against my anxiety and self generated stress but I know that a lot of it is in my own hands. Never underestimate what your mind is capable of doing to your body ( I have IBS as well)but that works for good as well as ill. If you can accept that its part of reaction to your Anxieties and find techniques that work for you to reduce stress you will be well on the way to get rid of the little blighters.
    [8)]

Ive read everyones contributions with great interest, I have a slightly different perspective as Ive already had a heart attack. That was in February and I have since had stents fitted and all the usual tests more than once. ECGs by the hundred, 30 day monitor, I am on lots of cardiac medication. The NHS saved my life and spent a lot of money on me. I do my part now, diet, exercise & try to cut down on stress etc etc etc. The point is my ectopics started only recently and its amazing how stressfull and debilitating they can be. I get mine usually at rest and often in the evening when relaxing. Having access to a cardiologist and various trained nurses Ive been able to discuss them at length and they all agree THEY ARE GENERALLY HARMLESS. Obviously you MUST discuss them with your own Dr but even for me they recommend cutting down the caffeine, continuing with my gradually increasing exercise programme and TRYING not to worry about these little blips. Worrying will only increase the problem as adrenaline will cause them. I cant say I am winning against my anxiety and self generated stress but I know that a lot of it is in my own hands. Never underestimate what your mind is capable of doing to your body ( I have IBS as well)but that works for good as well as ill. If you can accept that its part of reaction to your Anxieties and find techniques that work for you to reduce stress you will be well on the way to get rid of the little blighters.
    [8)]

[8)]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information