Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Extra Heartbeats

But is the feeling i get really ectopic beats? I know its my heart cause it coincides with my pulse. I feel two sensations not just one. First its a weird feeling. like my heart twinges.. no pain.. Then theres a pause and a hard heart beat i can feel strongly in my chest.

I dont get how people can have these and not feel them. they are profound. Its not like im just noticing my heart skips, But i can feel the damn things very strongly.

Forums are great for general information and swapping tips but should never replace a trip to the Dr. They are best placed to assess the overall picture , where they sometimes fall down is in their realisation of how badly something like ectopics can affect you. From what you describe I would say yes they are "just ectopics" but thats not to say they are not going to frighten the hell out of you. I was in danger of developing serious anxiety problems. My cardiologist called it "over sensitivity to these normal occurences". In other words because I am so tuned in to everything chest wise I am fixated by every beat. His advice to me was to increase my exercise, I am presuming he wouldnt say that if he thought I had a problem ? What you describe is very similar to my own but a chat with a GP would be a good idea. By the by following advice from another post Ive upped my water intake a lot and found that has helped all round, better mood and less of the nasties.
    Hope you get the answers you need

I just finished a holter 24 hour monitor. However i didnt feel any major palps while it was on. Figures. but hopefully this test will determine if i have a structurally normal heart or some valuable information. I dont have insurance to take a million different tests.

When you say your symptoms are simliar. Just curious. what is exactly simliar and what is different about your symptoms?

and the question goes to you too jinkus. Do you feel the same thing as me?

Hi PaladinX

The symptoms i have are occasional chest pain, lots of ectopics daily, seriously feeling like im going to have a heart attack or that something is majorly wrong with my heart. Being anxious and aware of everything that happens in my chest.

Its ruinging my life to be honest.

Hi everyone,

Blimey, we all have to live with this same problem!! I sympathise with you all, its a horrible condition to live with, that doesnt get the exposure it should do in my opinion. I hate being told there is nothing wrong with you when it obviously affects mine and a lot of peoples quality of life!!

Ive been getting them for a few years now, but still dont cope very well with them. I wont go into too much details of my symtoms as mine are the same, apart from one thing that hasnt been mentioned too much. I get an electric shock feeling occasionally as the large beat kicks in after the pause, in my chest and left arm, is this just me????

Stu

I think the shock comes from the nerves. I get the shock feeling in my chest too.. usually right before im going to sleep. But im not sure if it is related to the skipped beats. they are like two seperate sensations for me.

One question. Do you just feel the big beat. or do you also feel something before the big beat. cause im aware of it before the big beat even happens. it feels weird

hi i have had ectopics for about 3 years now i have had tests done which all came back normal yeah they can be very very upsetting i hate them so much but i notice i get them more if i sit and think about them or get stressed i wish they would go away or for me not to feel them as much but i suppose we have all been told that they are very harmless and not to worry but its not easy when they give you such a bloody scare when you get them eh xxx

i just finished the holter monitor test. and the doctor just said my results were very good.> nothing specific. I dont know if i should just drop this now, or get more tests like an echocardiogram or something.

Re: Extra Heartbeats

i get them every day for the last month. my concern is how much is to much? if i get 5 every minute for 2 hours is that to much? i read post about people freaking out they get the extra beats 10 times a day , 10 times a day wouldnt be so bad. my concern is it dangerous to be getting these extra beats over 100 a day?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information