Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Extra Heartbeats

Re: Extra Heartbeats

does any one out there get hours of these extra heart beats? and if so is it more than 5 extra beats a minute? just trying to figure out what the normal amount of extra heart beats i should be getting. most people are just saying they get a hand full a day. but what about people who get alot of them for a hour or two or three hours at a time ?i am seeing a doctor tomorrow. ill let you guys know what happens. these darn things are taking my peace of mind away. i really have to pray and just try to ignore them and keep calm because i know getting upset could make it worse. but this extra heart beat stuff is a real life changing problem.

Nothing dangerous at all with having 100 ectopic beats a day. In fact, the average person have around 250 or so a day.
    Ectopic beats does not tear on your hart, it cannot bring on a heart attack, it cannot stop your heart, or develop into a more serious atrial flutter.
    As long as you know for sure you have ectopic beats (and they are not symptoms of an underlying desease of some sort) they are not dangerous and are usually not treated. if they become to uncomfortable to live with however, there are medications and even surgery to relief, but at least in my country you would have to suffer enormously to even be considered treated for this condition - as they are not dangerous, just unpleasant.

Also, remember this is one of the most common panic attack/anxiety symptoms. You should consider treating your anxiety, and maybe the anxiety symptom will go away

Hello,

I've been experiencing the same thing. It came on all of a sudden three days ago and hasnt gone away since. I get probably 1-2 every minute or so. But they haven't gone away.. which is what is worrying me.

I went to the Dr. they did bloodwork, which hasn't come back yet, and an ECG. She said that I was having a extra mini beat in between. She also said that if i get like 6 in a row I might want to go to the hospital as this can become permanent (but it's extremely rare)
    At the time of my appointment I thought that this was something that was going to go away... so I didnt ask what if it doesn't. So now im on day 3.. it hasnt stopped.. and Im not sure what I should do..

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Hi there everyone,
    I too have been having these wretched things nearly every five minutes every hour of every day, i have had 3 ECG, one was about 6 months ago the other two within the last three weeks all normal, i have also had a 24 hour monitor which picked up these ectopic beats and have been reassured by my doctor that they are harmless and what i am experiencing is anxiety however l am still not convinced.

SORRY IM VERY NEW TO THIS HAVENT POSTED FOR A WHILE SO HOPE IM IN THE RIGHT PLACE! I HAVE JUST FINISHED A SHED LOAD OF TESTS FOR ECTOPIC BEATS TREADMILL, BLOOD TESTS 7 ECGS AND A HEART SCAN!!! THERE IS NOT A PROBLEM WITH MY HEART CARDIOLGIST HAS SAID THEY ARE JUST ECTOPIC BEATS AND THEY SETTLE DOWN WHEN YOU DO!!!! WELL MINE HAVE SETTLED DOWEN FOR THE PAST FEW WEEKS SO GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL, XXX

Smile Re: Extra Heartbeats

Hi there,
    Im new to this site and i too get constant missed/skipped beats, i have been to GP who has assured me that they are caused through anxiety and that my 3 ECG's are normal one of which i had 6 months ago the other two within the past month, i have also been on a 24 hour heart monitor the results of which were, i was suffering with ectopic beats through anxiety although i felt reassured at the time i am now driving myself crazy as i get these blasted things every minute of the day worse when i am walking, can anyone help as i am terrified i could drop at any given moment.

Donna xx

Hi Donna ...I get them when im walking too...the min' i set off they start ad take my breathe away, I have to stop sometimes and wait to settle my flip flop heart...but then somedays I can walk and get none! weird!

Hi this is my first time on no more panic,i too suffer badly from missed and skipped beats.
    They can be so bad that during the night they wake me,i am terrified that they will be the end of me.
    I have had all the tests,monitors and such like,they tell me they are ectopic beats and every one gets them from time to time.
    They ruin my life and the others around me,there is never a day that i do not have them.
    They came out of the blue ten years ago and seem to be getting more severe as time passes on.
    Can any one help with any advice?

Neil- don't drink, don't smoke, don't take any caffeine. Oh and exercise helps. Just know that they won't hurt you or your heart!! Your heart is healthy and these annoyinging things won't hurt it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information