Thread: Having panic attacks 3 times daily

Unhappy Having panic attacks 3 times daily

I'm having panic attacks 3 times daily and it's scaring.
    I'm worried it'll kill some day because I am nearly 30 and 30+ people are prone to heart attacks, especially if they're overweight, which I am.

I don't know how to control them.
    I tried chamomile tea, Kalm pills, breathing through a bag, nearly everything but it doesn't work.

The bags used to work.
    The only thing that works is sleeping but I can't keep sleeping throughout the whole entire day. My sleeping pattern is already a mess. It's 02:23 right now, I can't sleep because I already slept twice because of these stupid, horrible, annoying panic attacks!

Re: Having panic attacks 3 times daily

Hi ya

Panic attacks won't harm you regardless of how long you have them although I'm sure I thought the same way as you for a long time

Just letting you know that I am 56 and have had panic attacks since I was a teenager. At some point I used to have them all day every day and I was exhausted, but am still here.

You can't control them, trying to control them is probably causing you more tension. A panic attack shouldn't last very long but I know that sometimes I used to get them one after the other, they will eventually die down.

Els

So sorry to hear your ...having .probs...I'm havin palpitations...stress ..I'm told by docs..to .just relax...now that's easier said than done

Quote Originally Posted by xBettyBoopx View Post
    Hi ya

Panic attacks won't harm you regardless of how long you have them although I'm sure I thought the same way as you for a long time

Just letting you know that I am 56 and have had panic attacks since I was a teenager. At some point I used to have them all day every day and I was exhausted, but am still here.

You can't control them, trying to control them is probably causing you more tension. A panic attack shouldn't last very long but I know that sometimes I used to get them one after the other, they will eventually die down.

Els

Thank you so much for your support Betty!
    I started getting panic attacks when I was a teenager too!
    They're very horrible! :(

Most peoples panick makes you think of a heart attack I'm the same have them all day long don't worry it won't hurt you mindfulll meditation is great close your eyes get cumfy breath in count 1 the out breath count 2 keep going till you get to 10 then start again 1-2-3 and so on just concentrate on the breaths and counting really takes you away from the attack

Quote Originally Posted by WeakInside View Post
    Thank you so much for your support Betty!
    I started getting panic attacks when I was a teenager too!
    They're very horrible! :(
    They are very horrible Are you on any mediation? (Sorry I can't remember if you said). Although medication sometimes doesn't work if you are very anxious.

I had a few years when I wasn't so bad but suffered with bloody depression instead, then almost a year ago I did my back in and had teeth problems at the same time and now I have terrible anxiety. Up at nights as well like you and sleeping all different hours. I don't have an answer I wish I did.

Quote Originally Posted by WeakInside View Post
    I'm having panic attacks 3 times daily and it's scaring.
    I'm worried it'll kill some day because I am nearly 30 and 30+ people are prone to heart attacks, especially if they're overweight, which I am.

I don't know how to control them.
    I tried chamomile tea, Kalm pills, breathing through a bag, nearly everything but it doesn't work.

The bags used to work.
    The only thing that works is sleeping but I can't keep sleeping throughout the whole entire day. My sleeping pattern is already a mess. It's 02:23 right now, I can't sleep because I already slept twice because of these stupid, horrible, annoying panic attacks!
    When you release adrenaline you are exercising your heart, ie you are making it healthier. To quote Claire Weekes ... NONE of these symptoms are important medically.

They are not in the least bit important.

Thread Information