Thread: head feels like bowling ball

head feels like bowling ball

Hi there, this is really starting to concern me as i have had it for months. It is like i am carrying a bowling ball around in my head, ears etc. My eyes are funny too like i can see but i can,t see properly as if they are stuck away at back of head.My jaw and gum muscles are that tight. Along with feeling i am going to pass out all the time, this is pretty horrible. Just can,t switch off from this head thing. Am in agony, either mentally or physically.

sheree ritchie

Hi Sheree,

Bottom line....go to the doc and get it checked, but I can relate almost exactly to what you are saying and it sounds pretty much like tension.

For me it wraps around the back of my skull and tightens, I feel restricted in head movement, I hear my pulse around that area and in my ears......it is actually with me as I type!!

I try 400mg Ibubufren (sp?), but when it has really set in, little shifts it. The best relief I have found is trying to think about something else and re focus thoughts...sometimes not easy!! The other relief is massage and with that I mean at the time and as a therapy which is ongoing.

Hope that helps

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

Thanks licky end blues. Been to the doctors about a zillion times. Had brain scan and all. Came back clear. it is just hard to imagine anxiety can do this to you.

sheree ritchie

Don't count it out Sheree, I related big time to what you described.

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

Hey Sheree,

I know exactly what you mean when you say "it is just hard to imagine anxiety can do this to you". I have the same kind of terribe head stuff that goes on and even after 4 CT scans in the past 8 years and numerous trips to GP's and even a neurologist I find it hard to accept that anxiety can cause such severe pain and weird sensations. I am often convinced it is all something really serious and life-threatening. At the moment I'm not panicked so I can see that it IS just anxiety. I try really hard to tell myself this all the time. It's not easy though!

"This too, shall pass"

Thread Information