Thread: Song that has helped me through

Song that has helped me through

Hey everyone,

First time poster here. My name's Keith, and just a little bit of background: I'm a senior at Vanderbilt University, studying music business. I've been dealing with moderate GAD for the last 3 months ever since an incident when it first came up after binge drinking one weekend (not my best move). Since then, I've been 7 weeks sober, started a regimen of daily exercise, and am currently on 30mg Citalopram. Also begun doing mindfulness/meditation and bought a self-help CBT book. On the slow and rocky road to recovery!

Anyways, as a music person, one of the things that has helped me tremendously in dealing with my anxiety is my mp3 player. Having a good song or two on loop can help inspire a little confidence when things are looking bleak. The other day I had a particularly bad setback, and was shuffling through my iPod when I came across a song that a friend and I wrote a couple years ago (I promise this isn't some shameless plug). It's called "It Only Gets Better From Here." Unfortunately it won't let me include the url since this is my first post, but if you message me I can send the link to stream it.

It's just a shoddy demo done on garageband in one take (I apologize for the audio quality). We wrote it as a song giving hope to someone who had been through a rough breakup, but surprisingly I found it resonated with me for what I'm going through today. I put it on repeat while I was at the gym (not a great 'pump up' song, I'll admit), and it had me feeling a little more optimistic. Hopefully it can help some other people out as well! Keep strong, it only gets better!

Cheers,
    -Keith
    Last edited by kab92; 24-01-14 at 16:29. Reason: typo

Thread Information