Thread: Mirena removal

Mirena removal

After a bit of advice really, I have had my suspicions for a while that my mirena was causing some of the depression / anxiety that has been creeping up on me for the past 2 years (same amount of time as I have had the coil!).

I had it removed 2 weeks ago, for the first week I felt fine and then this week I feel like I have crashed almost to the bottom again.

Has anyone else felt like this after having a mirena coil removed? Is it normal, how long does it last?

I really thought I was getting somewhere and now feel like I am back at the start :(

Manda
    x

Re: Mirena removal

Hi Manda
    I'm going back some time since I had the Mirena coil fitted for heavy periods (i'm now post-menopause) and I also had problems with it. I had it for about 18 months before I asked the doctor to remove it as I was convinced it produced alot of anxiety and resulted in alot of panic attacks while it was fitted. Apparently I reacted to the progesterone in it, and before the Mirena I was pescribed progesterone in the form of tablets (Norethisterone) which were horrendous for me with the anxiety and a kind of body weakness that I can't describe very well. They thought the Mirena would be better...wrong! After having it removed like you I felt better then crashed, but you should pick up again...just give your hormones time to balance out. I was nervous that my periods would come back as heavy as before but luckily they didn't and this helped me loads, as heavy periods can drain you and make you feel weak.

Thread Information