Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please respond I'm scared

Please respond I'm scared

I'm sorry that I'm posting about this again. I'm having a bad night and I'm afraid that I'm spiraling downwards. I was feeling really good but I'm obsessing over this mouth sore. I thought it was a canker sore the pain is gone but the sore is still really visible. I don't understand why the pain is gone but the sore us still there it's been almost 3 weeks! Should I go to the doctor? I don't know what to do. I'm so afraid it's oral cancer. I hate that I can't be normal and know what I should do. I'm in tears please respond.

Re: Please respond I'm scared

Sorry, I haven't read any of your previous posts about this RoseEve, but I can tell you that sores in the mouth...ulcers...are notoriously hard to heal as there is always moisture inside the mouth and most sores or ulcers need to be dry to heal quicker...where in your mouth is it?

The side of my tongue it was so painful I could barely chew now there is no pain

How long have you had it?

It's going to be 3 weeks

Ive had cold sores longer than that really, anything to do with the lips or inside the mouth takes alot of healing even after the pain from the bacteria has gone, the sore or ulcer will take longer because of the moisture in your mouth. Please don't worry, its a normal process.

Thank you for responding! I do think I'm being silly I mean the fact that it was swollen and very painful and now it's not probably means it still healing.

You're not being silly at all, we each have our own fears and I'm glad i could reassure you about yours, and yes it does sound like its on its way to healing, just give it time.

Thank you

Hi RE,

Really, what you describe doesn't present as OC. In the vast majority of cases, there really aren't any symptom at all and most doesn't start with a mouth ulcer.
    BOT (back of tongue) and other OC's aren't even visible and don't cause any pain at all. This really sounds like a run of the mill mouth ulcer that beginning to heal. If it doesn't get better in the next couple of weeks, see your doctor.

Positive thooughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information