Thread: Iron

Iron

I was diagnosed with low iron and vitD I can't get it out of my head the it must be due to stomach / colon cancer ...... I just needed to sleep and can't for worry

Re: Iron

Lots of reasons for low iron and low vitamin D, how old are you?

You could just need some more sun and meat!

But your doctor is not concerned and doesn't even feel further testing is warranted. Go out and buy a multivitamin formula with added iron and vitamin D. They make them specifically for women that have this very, very common vitamin deficiency.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I have had low iron and vit D, and occasional blood in stool and also persistent indigestion! had colonoscopy and endoscopy and nothings been found!
    vitamin D deficiency is very common, and what is your iron levels exactly? is it way below normal?

Both my kids and my husband have low iron. The doctor says to give them more iron rich foods. It's not a big deal

Doctors given me vitamin D tablets 20,000 units not sure what my iron count was but her as given me iron tablets 1x2 a day which I'm scared to take because of my bowel issues , I have had blood when I've had to strain for a BM but was bright red , I do suffer with IBS I didn't know I did until I got a letter from my diabetic foot check and it had my history .... I just wish I could get these thoughts out of my silly head ...

---------- Post added at 13:51 ---------- Previous post was at 13:50 ----------

Oh I'm 48

Hi Cags,

C'mon now.... the tablets won't hurt you. They're "vitamins" is all. My boss was having some pain issues and they found him to have the same thing. A month after starting the vitamins he's feeling loads better. Do what your doctor said and you'll correct the vitamin deficiencies and that'll be one less thing to worry about. And less worry means less stress which means less issues with your bowels

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information