Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: heart health anxiety

heart health anxiety

hi there, I have had 2 ekg's, 2 chest xrays, blood tests, urine tests and blood pressure was measured for 2 hours at the hospita on 2 different occassions, but now I am waiting to see a cardiologist for a stress test even though the doctors said I am clear and healthy, but I still think I have a heartproblem ..so tired, weak arms and upper back pain and I have felt sick for over 2 moths almost going on 3!! Does anyone else experience these symptoms with their anxiety? Or did all of those tests miss something? Please anybody reply

Re: heart health anxiety

Hi,
    I have had: sort of ecg's, echo, chest xray, thyroid tests, blood tests.
    Everything is fine from medical side. But I feel my heart palpitations, missed bits, sometimes very high rate.
    Probably it's from anxiety.
    I am also waiting for stress test, hope that will be perfect

Thanks for replying

Don't worry, it's definitely not a heart condition. It can be anxiety related, or it can be a pinched nerve due to some bad posture when you sit or sleep. Probably in your neck.

Some days my arms don't stop hurting and tingling even like today for instance I had a few alcoholic beverages last night and today my arms were bad! I can't believe this would be anxiety related. I think maybe I could have a vitamin B defiencency or it is actually a heart issue.

I feel like something is wrong with my heart all the time. I feel it either beating too fast, too slow, palpitations or even just left side pain right over my heart, chest pain, you name it. I have done probably 12 ECG's, 10 blood tests, 6-10 chest X-rays, an Echocardiogram and a holter monitor. Everything came back normal. Still, the pain comes, and it will radiate into my arm and shoulder, my back. Even with shortness of breath sometimes. And I, like you can't shake the fear that all those tests missed something.

The only thing I find that helps is just continually reminding myself that however much I don't want to believe it is all anxiety related, after all the tests have been exhausted whatever is left, must be the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by scaredsobad View Post
    Some days my arms don't stop hurting and tingling even like today for instance I had a few alcoholic beverages last night and today my arms were bad! I can't believe this would be anxiety related. I think maybe I could have a vitamin B defiencency or it is actually a heart issue.
    I am not a doctor, but your symptoms sound way too familiar for me-I daresay neck is the culprit. It's nothing serious, of course

And don't drink alcohol when you're anxious-it worsens anxiety, that's a proven fact.

[QUOTE=Andrash;1271062
    And don't drink alcohol when you're anxious-it worsens anxiety, that's a proven fact.[/QUOTE]

I can 100% agree with this, I have just done 7 days off alcohol and my anxiety levels plummeted over the week, I had new energy, felt happier the lot.

So I decided to celebrate with some whiskey on Saturday arvo and bang... anxiety back, chest pains, shoulder stiffness and lack of breath all day Sunday.Really is an anxiety trigger for me.

I also have had ECGs, blood tests, lung tests, all reported good yet I am still getting chest pain & shortness of breath like you.. I'm no Dr Hilary but it does sound like you have Anxiety, just got to believe it and accept that's how you are feeling right now.

Good luck

I do really believe that the alcohol isn't helping because I tend to feel worse from it the next day ..

Quote Originally Posted by scaredsobad View Post
    I do really believe that the alcohol isn't helping because I tend to feel worse from it the next day ..
    Alcohol and anxiety DON'T MIX! Especially if you're taking meds, Smoking and anxiety are also really detrimental.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information