Thread: Entitled Fibromyalgia - Just a thought, one of many.....

Cool Entitled Fibromyalgia - Just a thought, one of many.....

Over the past few days I've been thinking I may have fibromyalgia? Now the only conclusion that might disperse this theory, is I don't have chronic pain, could you get mild fibromyalgia? The reason I've thought this over the last few days is for a while I've had tender pressure points both in the arch of both feet (like it's about to cramp, but never does!) and then see in the muscle between my thumb and forefinger which extends to the centre of my palm again in both hands. Nerves that continue to flow through my body as though their on a roller coaster ride. The only saving grace is that I sleep well, it's only ever woken me up once where I thought my left foot was about to cramp. Finally the tenderness seems to heighten and decrease but not to the extent it completely disappears!!! Forgot to add... My ankle joints in both forefingers are slightly tender , I find it difficult to open unscrew bottle tops without a towel for assistance. Age 38! Maybe onset of arthritis!!!!! Argh driving myself potty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 13:03 ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 ----------

Lastly....... Certain parts of my body when touched feel like touching a bruise !!!

Just a thought!

Re: Entitled Fibromyalgia - Just a thought, one of many.....

Quote Originally Posted by KLP View Post
    Over the past few days I've been thinking I may have fibromyalgia? Now the only conclusion that might disperse this theory, is I don't have chronic pain, could you get mild fibromyalgia? The reason I've thought this over the last few days is for a while I've had tender pressure points both in the arch of both feet (like it's about to cramp, but never does!) and then see in the muscle between my thumb and forefinger which extends to the centre of my palm again in both hands. Nerves that continue to flow through my body as though their on a roller coaster ride. The only saving grace is that I sleep well, it's only ever woken me up once where I thought my left foot was about to cramp. Finally the tenderness seems to heighten and decrease but not to the extent it completely disappears!!! Forgot to add... My ankle joints in both forefingers are slightly tender , I find it difficult to open unscrew bottle tops without a towel for assistance. Age 38! Maybe onset of arthritis!!!!! Argh driving myself potty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 13:03 ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 ----------

Lastly....... Certain parts of my body when touched feel like touching a bruise !!!

Just a thought!
    KLP,

It's a scientifically proven fact that anxiety and depression cause symptoms that mimic fibromyalgia, therefore odds are that's your problem. And even if you had fibromyalgia, you wouldn't have much to worry about-it's a perfectly treatable and not life-threatening condition.

Thanks Andrash, I'm not overly worried if it is, like most how visit and add threads merely want to find an answer/resolution or similarity to those who might be going through the same thing. I have made peace with any kind of life threatening condition that I have had tests for, which has subsided some of the symptoms.

Anyone have some advise this would kindly received.

Quote Originally Posted by KLP View Post
    Thanks Andrash, I'm not overly worried if it is, like most how visit and add threads merely want to find an answer/resolution or similarity to those who might be going through the same thing. I have made peace with any kind of life threatening condition that I have had tests for, which has subsided some of the symptoms.

Anyone have some advise this would kindly received.
    You're bound to get aches and pains if you're under stress. My ex used to get awful cramps in his legs when under stress that would wake him up at night. He used to literally jump out of bed onto the ground screaming! They went away, though, and it was all the result of the way he was holding himself tense.

I'm afraid the advice is the same you'll hear for every symptom - you need to relax! You could try meditation, a warm bath, distracting yourself with some really good telly or book, or try some breathing exercises?

Thanks harasgenster,
    I have never cramp though? only had that when I as pregnant, and I'm definitely not that!!!!

I'm at a crossroads regards fibromyalgia, was diagnosed with this about 12 years ago. Anxiety / panic comes with fibromyalgia or does anxiety / panic mimic fibromyalgia. Suppose I'm asking myself ( like many) does fibromyalgia exist or do I have/ have had an anxiety / panic disorder all along. The anxiety only rears it's head every so often and I put it down to a fibro flare but it seems to rearing its head more frequently but I'm putting that down to stress as that's been terrible lately due to excessive workload. Suppose I may be lucky and I have both haven't really questioned this until the last few weeks as I have just always accepted the diagnosis of fibromyalgia ( certainly got all the symptoms) and never thought I had an anxiety problem again until a few weeks ago, again just put it down to the fibro. Oh the joys of a mixed up brain lol. Hope everyone is well, sorry for the confusing post, maybe the fibro fog!!!!

BarryM

Hi Barry

Thanks for replying, are you on any meds if so do they help?

Hi KLP,

Not on any meds any more, stopped them about 3 months ago, all went to pot since lol. Decided to stop them and see how I felt, felt great for a few weeks ( once I got through the horrendous withdrawal, had been on them for years, tried to taper off but didn't make any difference). Head was clear, didn't feel like a zombie but just before Xmas I took a massive flare, better now but still not great but that's the way it is, you never seem to be 100%. As you will see in previous post I'm blaming stress for recent episode so trying to reduce that. Fibro has many many symptoms but so does anxiety / stress, most of them similar. I have always just really sucked it up and got on with it but it is becoming more difficult with every passing episode, they say it's not progressive but of that I'm not sure, it won't kill you that I will accept but I do think it has slowly got worse. Must admit I don't help myself, still trying to do to much, still mostly doing the things I have always done. Fibro is a hard slog to get the diagnosis, average is about 2 years, but sometimes I think people get mis diagnosed as it may be an easy option for a doctor that can't find anything wrong. As you will know blood tests show nothing as do scans etc etc. I'm very well versed in everything fibro so if you want to know anything please feel free to ask.

BarryM

Thread Information