Thread: Lymph node in neck, worried about lymphoma

Lymph node in neck, worried about lymphoma

Tonight I just discovered a swollen lymph node in the left side of my neck. It's movable and it doesn't hurt and I know the movable kind aren't as serious but I went to Google (I know, big mistake) and found someone asking a similar question and four of the people who responded mentioned loved ones developing lymphoma. One of the symptoms listed as being a sign of cancer was throat pain which I have been having although I have been having throat pain since October and I was diagnosed with acid reflux around that time. I'm really scared right now.

Re: Lymph node in neck, worried about lymphoma

There are several symptoms of lymphoma besides a swollen gland and you're right, if it's movable it's really nothing to be concerned with. I had head and neck cancer and what you describe doesn't present as cancer from my experience.

A rule of thumb is... if it doesn't resolve in a few weeks, see a doctor/ENT. And for goodness sakes don't be poking and prodding it all the time as you'll only make it worse by irritating it.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

It's just scary plus searching, I'm getting so many mixed signals

- Painless ones are more serious than painful ones
    - Soft ones are less serious than hard ones
    - Movable ones are less serious than non-movable ones

Plus I don't have any infection (that I know of) and I have a chronic cough.

How do you know it is your Lymph node in your neck??? You didn't say how you 100% know.... IF it actually is, you could have TB....so I would get that checked at the hospital now!! get chest Xrays done now...not tomorrow or next week, I wouldn't worry about it being Lymphoma, it sounds more like a sign of TB to me....and of course TB can be cured fairly easy these days.... so try not to worry and just get it checked out 100%.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=114732

No one here is medically trained to give you a definitive diagnosis. One can always relate real life experience but when in doubt, it's always best to see your doctor.

That being said, I've yet to see someone's worst fears become a reality.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I had a swollen node in my neck for years, which also moved around when I pressed it - it's now gone. Yours could well be nothing serious, like mine was.

Thank you everyone. I've been extremely worried about this for the last few days (even more so over the last few hours after I read that a swollen lymph node in the location mine is in is a red flag for cancer), but after calming down I realize that although I can feel it, it might not be anything of concern since it's only about 1 cm. Tomorrow I'm going to get my anxiety medication, and hopefully after taking that most of my health anxiety goes away. Also tomorrow, my mom is making an appointment with a therapist. I figured today that I needed to talk to a therapist since I can't see my doctor anytime soon and I'm driving my parents crazy worrying about different things and my mom is threatening to take my computer if I keep looking up symptoms.
    Last edited by sjm0502; 02-02-14 at 23:06.

Thread Information