Thread: Heart issues - relief

Heart issues - relief

Yesterday I posted about concerns I had regarding my heart and a pain I was getting in my chest. I am a teacher so I went to see the school nurse and she advised that I go and see my doctor. I got an appointment for last night (doctors work til 9pm here!) and I was with him for an hr and 15 minutes. He already knew my circumstances regarding the death of my husband, high BP, anxiety etc etc.

He did an echocardiogram and a stress test and hooked me up to numerous machines. He said for his own interest he wanted to do an ultrasound on my liver, lungs, pancreas, thyroid and kidneys.

I had told him about my cancer worries and he told me "you do not have cancer of the lungs, you do not have cancer of the thyroid, you do not have cancer of the kidneys, you do not have cancer of the liver, you do not have cancer of the pancreas. Your heart is 120%"

What he did tell me was that I need to lose weight (85kgs, 5ft 5) and that my posture is terrible, which is more than likely giving me the stabbing in my back and chest. He gave me an eating plan and told me I was a very beatuiful young lady, who has had a terrible thing happen and now I need to gain control of my life again. He is so right.

So off I went home, ready to take on the world!

UNTIL I went to bed. I had a dream the doctor surgery called me to say one of my blood levels was severely elevated (even though no bloods were taken yesterday) and it was 0.7 and should be less than 0.1! I sent a friend,who is a GP, a message who replied that those results would indicate cancer. My dreams are always so scary and vivid, a side effect apparently from the beta blockers I am on.

I just have to keep reminding myself they are only dreams.

Re: Heart issues - relief

How are you feeling today, Pet59?

Yes, they are only dreams, but can certainly be disconcerting!

The good news here is- you have excellent health, and a plan for getting your life back.

I am so sorry to hear that you have lost your husband. How wonderful to honor him by honoring yourself- getting empowered to be strong and vibrant once again! You can do it!

Hi TooMuchToLiveFor
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. I am feeling great today, just hope it lasts. Still got the stabbing going on in my chest a few times last night but it didnt upset me as now I know everything is fine.

I really must start exercising and getting weight off as this seems to be my problem.

I met my husband in Dec 2002, we finally got married in April 2012. He was killed in Saudi Arabia while on contract there in May. Married at 33, widowed at 34 after his driver fell asleep at the wheel. (From Ireland but we live in the UAE.) I miss him.

Oh, dear friend, I can only imagine how hard this has all been for you.

Time will continue to help you heal too- especially as you work to become more mentally and physically healthy. We are all rooting for you!

Thread Information