Thread: Stabbing pain left abdomen...starting to spiral!!

Stabbing pain left abdomen...starting to spiral!!

Can anyone emapthise with these symptoms...as I'm starting to panic about bowel cancer (having just read an article about a healthy 35yo who had symptoms for a year before a colonoscopy diagnosed advanced cancer).... I've got a localised stabbing pain in left abdomen - just to the left of and below the navel. I've had what drs say is IBS but waiting on a colonoscopy (so long to wait!!!). (I've also got the whole indigestion thing, but I think this is unrelated).

I've had this pain before - it was quite bad in June last year, went on over a week and a quick A&E check revealed nothing (although the tests they did were hardly exhaustive. I've since had it mildly on and off - not enough to warrnat another A&E visit but GP visits suggested IBS. I can't stop myself worrying now that it's cancer and the colonoscopy i put off last September / October was a stupid thing to do.....arrggghhhh!!!!! the thing thta is bothering me is it is a very specific pain - localised to one place and is persistent....could it be diverticulitis? what should I do? Go bk to GP AGAIN?!

Re: Stabbing pain left abdomen...starting to spiral!!

I am a long time sufferer of HA and IBS and what you are describing sounds just like my IBS problems. I am not a doctor but I would bet you a months pay that this isn't the big C. A large daily dose of metamucil helps me out immensely. Take care

Thread Information