Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Experience so far

Experience so far

So I took the plunge 4 days ago and started on Cit 20mg. I have previously been on Mirtazapine 30mg which did nothing for me. I am also taking propanalol 40mg thrice daily which may have an effect.

Thought I would share experience for other nervous starters, although recognising all experiences different. I had not medicated prior to the Mirt.

Day 1 - felt a bit groggy and ditzy and struggled to sleep
    Day 2 - a bit high in the morning, in the afternoon I had a sudden hot flush whilst out walking and had to sit down for a bit, then intense hunger which I fixed with some food
    Day 3 - morning major high, but tired all senses ramped up, afternoon amazingly alert and positive
    Day 4 - morning fatigue so slept, afternoon alert and positive

Generally I am still anxious in the morning and feel faintly nauseous or starving a lot. But the positives are far outweighing the SE so far for me, just hoping more days like day 3 ahead

Re: Experience so far

Hello and welcome to nmp, hopefully your on the right track good luck x
    you will find lots of help and support here

Thanks, I have been lurking for a while, seems a great place.

Hey Z, welcome

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

WOW! great start particularly as you are on 20mg as a starting dose!

welcome zeitgeist, love the name, means spirit of the age doesn't it?

Thanks, yes it derives from the German Geist - Spirit Zeit - time

So how are you doing Z? early days with the cit. I have only been on it myself since october, and worked up gradually from 20 - 30 to 40 which I think is suiting me just fine rite now. I heard mitazipine makes you very sleepy, was that why you wasn't getting on with it?

To be honest it was my first experience with Meds and I was really suffering, had been struggling on around 2-3 hours sleep per night for weeks. The Mirt helped with the sleep but I didn't seem to be getting better, indeed was deteriorating and I was seriously groggy in the morning.

Went to a different GP after around 8 weeks and had propanalol added which really helped in removing the worst of the physical anxiety symptoms. I was thinking hat was as good as it was going to get when I went to my GP and saw another new one who said he didn't believe that Mirtazapine really did anything and I should move onto Cit.

I wasn't really expecting much, but pretty much immediately it is having some effect, totally different to Mirtazapine. I am tending to find the morning good with the afternoon a pot luck of different side effects, today fairly tense and gritting teeth. The morning is odd though, only thing I can compare to is MDMAand I am nearly a complete novice with that.

I am debating whether it would be worth going further, feel better than I have in aong time, but no idea if I could be even better. Struggled for so many years on nothing I am finding it difficult to assess what good is.

Last few days have been a bit more of a grind, honeymoon period I guess is over.

Tired very quickly and very tense /anxious, manageable though. Possibly as I have now stopped the Mirtazapine entirely I am seeing some effect from that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information