Thread: stomach jumping up to my throat

stomach jumping up to my throat

has anyone else had this feeling? it comes from out of the blue and it feels as though u cant breathe. For the last few weeks this has happened to me most days, i have suffered with panic for 13 years.
    My muscles at the upper part of my tummy go hard and then i get a jumping sensation as if it is snatching my breath away, its absolutley terrifying.
    My muscles in my tummy feel as if they have contracted and it like a lift decending in my tummy.
    Ive spent this afternoon crying and on the phone to the doctor who says its panic.
    As i said ive been a long term sufferer but this is by far the scariest symptom ive had. anyone got any ideas on how to control/stop this happening?

Thanx for reading luv tracie xx

I CAN, I WILL , I AM

hi tracie

i had this yesterday really bad and got myself into such a state. Like you say it comes out of the blue.

You have explained it the exact way i felt it too - so in a way im glad im not alone. I have spoken to my gp about it and he has given me Ranitidine & Buspar.

I dont know why it happens, but I am prone to getting indigestion and it can get worse if i have eaten too quickly. The best way i dealt with it was breathe through it, remind yourself you are ok, sip water, rubbed some aromatherapy oils on to my neck, throat and stomach and tried to reassure myself.

I think it is anxiety cos it did go away - after about 2-3 hrs, but today when i ate i have been waiting on it coming back so i guess its anxiety related. Its the feeling like you are being smothered and there is no air getting in - and like you said your stomach rising upwards.

I have had anxiety for 9 yrs - and this is the worse sensation I have ever experienced.

I hope this has helped to reassure you.

Fingers crossed it will abate.

........life is for living not just for surviving

Thread Information