Thread: JUST A QUESTION

JUST A QUESTION

AT TIMES WHEN YOU READ THE POST DOES IT BRING ON ANXIETY TO YOU IM THE TYPE WHO PICK UP ON FEELINGS VERY MUCH AND IT DOESNT HAVE TO BE ABOUT GAD ECT,,,,,,,,JUST A QUESTION CAUSE MY SISTER AND I TALKED ABOUT IT AND WE BOTH SAY LETS GET OFF THE SUBJECT WHATS YOUR OPINION?........EVEN THO IM THERE FOR PEOPLE ITS JUST SOME TOPICS I GET SCARED THAT I WILL PICK UP ON IT.....................TY LINDA XXXX[8D]

Hi Lynda, yes I think some posts can bring on anxiety...its only normal for us sufferers to do that! Its any situation we can pick up on whether it be what people say at work, in the street, other peoples ailments - we will always take them more seriouisly than most due to ur over sensitive ways! I have always got, had ,am going to get or known someone who......with everything health related thing that people say to me!!
    All that said I definately think on the other hand that the reassurance we get back to our own posts far out weighs this, I really don't know what I would do sometimes if it was not for this place and the people that take time to reply, I truly am greatful

Angie

I agree with Angie,it can bring on anxiety.

Ellen XX

i agrre with the support it wasnt about that i asked do ya pick up on peoples feelings i didnt mean anything by it like when i was young and came down with this panic agraphobia bull i couldnt watch tv with anything that was mentally related would totally freak me out...i do not suffer any more with health anxietys tg check one off..........but say im havin a convasation with my sister like i said she dont suffer to extremes like i do but we will both say lets get off this topic i know a few on here that cant read about it now that there cured or almost cured its just mysterious how the flippin brain works thats all i meant

Hi again Linda...totally agree with you. The brain works in mysterious ways indeed! When I was at my worst I had to make sure there was never anything like medical dramas or documentries on as I would just have everything on them....or worry about getting them afterwards!
    I am not that bad now but I am very wary of watching such programmes as they can just add fuel to the anxiety. Perhaps people that find it hard to read on here that are nearlly cured prefer not to read as they do not want to tempt the old feelings to return....which would be awful for anyone who is near to or has actually managed to overcome this. I do think though that whether it be reading posts on here or just getting on with everyday life, it will always be hard to fight the dreaded anxiety off. I have just come to terms it will always be part of my life its just how I manage it from day to day. Well done to you though for over coming your health anxiety, thats brilliant to hear

Angie x

Thread Information