Thread: Is this gastritis?

Is this gastritis?

My ongoing stomach problems are causing me so much anxiety that I am out of my mind with worry. I'm wondering if it's gastritis, though thinking much worse. I have acidity, burning in stomach, nausea, all sorts of abdominal pains etc. I was taking esomeprazole for a few weeks, which helped but didn't cure, but stopped them last week. Now I'm even worse, with added heartburn. It's horrible. I can't think of anything other than my symptoms and am beside myself with anxiety. Worse still, I am a stupid smoker, which I know makes it worse, but am in such a state I am smoking even more. My daughter has just had a baby and I want to be able to help, but am so frightened about my stomach that I can't do anything. I am hopeless. I was in a terrible state when she was pregnant/ in labour because last time she was on life support! not expected to live. Thankfully this time, yesterday, she safely delivered a huge baby 10lb 7oz, but they have to stay in to check his glucose levels as he was so big. We are looking after her 2 year old but my husband is having to do everything because I can't cope. Am taking diazepam and started the esomeprazole again. I can't stop crying. Thanks for reading x

Re: Is this gastritis?

If it helps I went through the same thing a few weeks ago, had a endoscopy which clearly diagnosed an inflammation of the stomach (gastritis) cause is still being tested, but most common is a bacterial infection....

Have you tried to change your diet? bland foods, no alcohol, no cheese or milk, and NO Chocolate. Try researching an approved diet for Gastritis, I changed mine which really helped, however lost a bit of weight doing it....

good luck

Re: Is this gastritis?

I feel your pain. I am emetophobic - which means I'm terrified of vomiting. I would rather have you cut off my leg than make me vomit.
    My gastritis started on Halloween. I ended up in the hospital after a violent vomiting episode and was diagnosed with gastritis (most likely from a pain med that I don't normally take). I was in the Emergency Room 4 or 5 times, constantly in the gastroenterologist's office (as well as any other doc that would see me). Had multiple CT scans, ultrasounds, endoscopy, biopsies, blood work, etc. Endoscopy showed nothing but some gastritis (not even severe) and esophagitis.
    Now....all of that sounds really crappy but....
    .....I do have some good news for you. It took about 8 weeks (all of Nov and Dec), but my gastritis improved. I was really nervous bc I've never had any type of stomach problem that lasted so long, but it did improve!
    It's not gone by any means, but I do have days now where I'm nausea and reflux free!
    I had a bad flare up this past weekend and spent all day Sat on the bathroom floor. But, now I'm back to eating bland foods and less nauseous.
    It does get better - it just takes time.
    Good luck and feel better. This, too, shall pass.

Thread Information