Thread: Racing , thudding heart

Racing , thudding heart

Been put up to 40 mg of citalipram for a few weeks now and just had quantipine increased to 100 mg on Friday but woke today with racing heart and can feel it pounding away , has anyone ever had this and is it my body getting use to change ? Also have weird rushes going through my body and legs .

Re: Racing , thudding heart

I have the racing, pounding heart every, single day….., but it is getting better. In fact, it got WAY better, and then has digressed somewhat again, but nothing like it was when this all first started.

I also get hot, tingly, vibration/electric feelings though both of my quads and my upper arms.

I would imagine it is your body adjusting and regulating to the meds. You are probably also overly sensitized to every, single thing that goes on in your body.

The main thing to remember is that these things aren't dangerous and aren't going to hurt you. Jot them down so that you can remember to discuss them with your GP next time you see her…., but odds are by that time you will be past these symptoms.
    Last edited by TooMuchToLiveFor; 05-02-14 at 06:06.

Thread Information