Thread: would love to hear from others suffering back probs

would love to hear from others suffering back probs

Hi I have awful bad back been suffering along time with it bearing in mind I have suffered anxiety and panic for forty yrs the last ten to the point I am agoraphobic I get up in a morning my back hurts so much at the bottom but then it spreads all the way to my neck within minutes of being up it constantly aches my shoulder are all ways hunched up constantly my neck tense constantly as any one done anything other than meds to help with there back just lately I am convinced I have bone cancer or something but had this bad back for at least five yes constant I am now in fifties so I no my age will add to this as well but would like to hear from other back suufers take care

Re: would love to hear from others suffering back probs

Hi, I don't personally suffer from back problems, but my dad does and he uses a wrap around compress around his lower back and front it sorta like a belt...
    it fits under his clothes.
    Anyways he says it helps alot.
    Also I know you don't need to be told this but resting it is the worst thing you can do lol.
    Anyways hope this helps.

Thanks I don't rest trust my anxiety always way to high to dit still for a second I am up and about so much but with so much tension makes me think its my tension that the reason thanks xx

Hi Hun

OMG suffering the same at the moment!

Started a thread 2 days on the same thing, please have a look it's under general anxiety.

Luv & hugs
    Jackie xx

OK thanks for that will take a look x

---------- Post added at 18:01 ---------- Previous post was at 17:52 ----------

Just read the post you told me bout bloody hell so have you not got it sorted yet I am to so afraid of meds I was given 2mg diazipam suppose to take three a day I take one and fret about it been given citaolpram 10mg I took half one for the first time today had um for two weeks lol been to afraid to take them but sick of being so sad and tense constantly so wish me luck hope the side effects don't scare me and put me off xx

Hi Hun

Know exactly how you feel. I can mostly control my anxiety through meds and self help etc but when you throw acute physical pain in as well it's terrible.

I am on Cit, take the 10mg a day and just use the Diazipam when you feel really anxious. I found that with the side effects, I got all wound up about reading about the side effects that I made them worse myself! Just take each day and if you have funny feelings, just tell yourself that "oh well just my system getting used to it". They pass quickly, 10mg is such a low dose you will be fine.

I reckon besides all the sporty stuff when I have suffered with mental health in the past it has just turned all my muscles into a big stress ball, now I am suffering.

Luv & hugs
    Jackie xx

I go for physio every three weeks (too expensive to go every week). My back muscles are very tense and the physio helps a lot.

Hi thanks going to ask my doc to send me for physo wat do they actually do take care x

Hi Trish.

I also suffer with GAD amd I have been experiencing back pain for some time now although mines actually between my shoulder blade and spine. As you can imagine all sorts went through my mind when it occurred. But my doc tells me its a trigger point in my trapezius muscle. Its this muscle that gets tense and causes the dizzy spells we experience when we are anxious or stressed out. My doctor advised me to deek a professional massage therapist and to get a deep tissue massage and visit an osteopath. I hope this helps

all the best!

Thread Information