Thread: panic over throat

panic over throat

i am getting into a bit of a panic about my throat. Ever since sunday when i had an intrusive thought I have had trouble swallowing food for fear of choking. Now however it has extended to mucus in my throat. It feel really thick (i have a cold) and i have had this thick mucus for AGES but its only now started bothering me because of this choking fear. My throat also feels really weird like its a bit painful like muscle pain and sometimes i feel like i cant get enough air through or i just think i cant/imagine i cant and panic. The outside of my throat the skin is really dry. I feel like I have to keep coughing to clear throat and sometimes when i swallow it feels weird/like i cant clear the mucus which freaks me even more. I can tell im really anxious and panicy because i have the tummy butterflies thing but its really scaring me because im scared my throat will close up or get blocked. does anyone else get this cause im scared somethings wrong?
    I also have this stupid fear im going to choke on my tongue because my tongue doesnt feel right in my mouth and my whole mouth feels weird

Re: panic over throat

It is not nice to be afraid. Sounds to me like you are suffering from a cold and stress simultaneously. I will try to relax as best as possible to calm your breathing.

Thread Information